The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Sports and Entertainment IS A BUSINESS.

BanTSN

The Canucks Sports and Entertainment company is here to provide us, the paying fans, with goods (entertainment in all forms related to Canucks (and Comets) hockey) and services (multiple avenues related to delivering said content to the paying fans) in exchange for money.

This company as it is, founded by John McCaw, and is now owned by the Aquilini family, has delivered top-notch quality sports and entertainment experiences to the fans for over two decades.

In that span we the paying fans have seen the Canucks 'franchise players', Henrik & Daniel Sedin, lead the league in regular season scoring and becoming mvp players for a few years in a row.

We the paying fans have also seen Markus Naslund become an mvp player in this time.

We have seen more playoff rounds won than any other Canadian team in that span.

We have seen other players such as Ryan Kesler, Todd Bertuzzi, Ed Jovanovski, Roberto Luongo, Alex Burrows, Matthias Ohlund, Kevin Bieksa and Trevor Linden all dazzle us with effort and warm our hearts while they play the game played on a sheet of ice, night by night.

The Canucks Sports and Entertainment company has become one of the most successful Sports and Entertainment companies in the country, perhaps following the Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment quality, in terms of sports and entertainment experiences being delivered to the fans in this country. While those experiences in Toronto over this period might not include as much winning games in the playoffs as we have enjoyed here in Vancouver, the fans are still paying top-dollar for quality sports and entertainment experiences there. The Toronto Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment company is very successful, and the Canucks Sports and Entertainment company is very successful.

We as the paying fans should be very happy that this company has been as successful as it has been, both on and off the ice. The represent a big part of what Vancouver is all about. Through charities like Canuck Place, to giving each and every fan a sounding board through all sorts of avenues if they so choose, and of course, delivering top quality sports and entertainment experiences in Rogers Arena, in Vancouver, each and every game night.

I guess the reason I am posting this is to remind everyone here at the Canucks.com fan forum just how successful this company, this team, has been over the years spanning into decades. No, it has not translated to a Stanley Cup win or wins as of yet, but that time may come. So sit back, relax, have another beer, and enjoy the game and how entertaining it has been and always will be here for us the paying fans for all these past and upcoming years.

Thank you.

The Canucks Sports and Entertainment company has become one of the most successful Sports and Entertainment companies in the country, perhaps following the Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment quality, in terms of sports and entertainment experiences being delivered to the fans in this country. While those experiences in Toronto over this period might not include as much winning games in the playoffs as we have enjoyed here in Vancouver, the fans are still paying top-dollar for quality sports and entertainment experiences there. The Toronto Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment company is very successful, and the Canucks Sports and Entertainment company is very successful.

We as the paying fans should be very happy that this company has been as successful as it has been, both on and off the ice. The represent a big part of what Vancouver is all about. Through charities like Canuck Place, to giving each and every fan a sounding board through all sorts of avenues if they so choose, and of course, delivering top quality sports and entertainment experiences in Rogers Arena, in Vancouver, each and every game night.

I guess the reason I am posting this is to remind everyone here at the Canucks.com fan forum just how successful this company, this team, has been over the years spanning into decades. No, it has not translated to a Stanley Cup win or wins as of yet, but that time may come. So sit back, relax, have another beer, and enjoy the game and how entertaining it has been and always will be here for us the paying fans for all these past and upcoming years.

Thank you.

If the fans were/are shareholders of the company than heck ya there is no reason to complain whatsoever! If not, and as a consumer solely then no, not at all. (excluding the charities of course, that is top shelf absolutely!)

Here is the problem:

A business wants profit, profit and profit. Fans want Stanley Cups and they don't care about profits. The route to a Stanley Cup involves years of rebuilding, a process that does not generate profits for the owners. This is the reason why the Aquilinis want a retool rather than a rebuild. It will keep generating profit if the team can compete for a playoff berth every year, but it is not the best way to a Cup.

For us fans, it is easy to go for a rebuild. But if you were the owner, you wouldn't want to lose millions a year.

Here is the problem:

A business wants profit, profit and profit. Fans want Stanley Cups and they don't care about profits. The route to a Stanley Cup involves years of rebuilding, a process that does not generate profits for the owners. This is the reason why the Aquilinis want a retool rather than a rebuild. It will keep generating profit if the team can compete for a playoff berth every year, but it is not the best way to a Cup.

For us fans, it is easy to go for a rebuild. But if you were the owner, you wouldn't want to lose millions a year.

Very goodpoint I didn't think of it from the owners perspective

Here is the problem:

Ban has a point though. If you don't like what the team has to offer, you don't have to watch or contribute to the cause.

I want a Stanley Cup. I do not care about corporate interests, community work etc. I watch sports for the potential of winning.

You should be comparing our organization with Montreal. Why? Because the PEOPLE who pay to watch the games put pressure on the ownership to win. Granted, hockey is a bigger part of their culture, and it shows in that they have the best home crowd in the league. If ownership does anything to diminish their team, you can bet the pressure on him will be immense.

We here in Vancouver focus on what a great corporation this is, great community work, wow big whoop. I am a hockey fan, if i wanted to see community work i would go out and volunteer myself. I pay good money to see WINS and an organization that is hell bent on winning the cup. I do not see this, I see an owner who wants playoff games just for profit, to him who cares if we got embarrassed in the first round eh?

What the heck ? Did somebody hijack Ban's account or is this community service ?

You missed the sarcasm in his post. He's saying this organization cares more about money and delivering a certain kind product (aka "winning atmosphere") than doing what is necessary to deliver a championship (which is what a SPORTS ORGANIZATION should aim for).

Here is the problem:

Basically this..

People don't understand that most of the terrible teams like the Edmonton's or the Toronto's have won at least one cup before.. so their fans aren't as eager/demanding like ours, and will still watch/follow the team even if they haven't made the playoffs in awhile.

Just look what happened in Vancouver after one bad season.. it went from a consecutive sold out crowd to empty seats...

Imagine what would happen if we tanked.. profits would go down

You missed the sarcasm in his post. He's saying this organization cares more about money and delivering a certain kind product (aka "winning atmosphere") than doing what is necessary to deliver a championship (which is what a SPORTS ORGANIZATION should aim for).

I can assure you, the sarcasm was not missed.

I want a Stanley Cup. I do not care about corporate interests, community work etc. I watch sports for the potential of win

You should be comparing our organization with Montreal. Why? Because the PEOPLE who pay to watch the games put pressure on the ownership to win. Granted, hockey is a bigger part of their culture, and it shows in that they have the best home crowd in the league. If ownership does anything to diminish their team, you can bet the pressure on him will be immense.

We here in Vancouver focus on what a great corporation this is, great community work, wow big whoop. I am a hockey fan, if i wanted to see community work i would go out and volunteer myself. I pay good money to see WINS and an organization that is hell bent on winning the cup. I do not see this, I see an owner who wants playoff games just for profit, to him who cares if we got embarrassed in the first round eh?

I agree with this. This team is just average. The Sedins, while still geniuses in the hockey IQ department, are not going to win a Stanley Cup. They have brought legitimacy to this team along with Kesler, Luongo, and others. But it's done for now. At least 5-7 years before this team makes it out of Round one, and that's if they make it in at all.

If I'm Henrik or Daniel, I'd consider waiving my clauses to have a legitimate chance at winning a Cup before retirement. With this team and the way it's composed, it ain't gonna happen.

Linden and Benning are trying to get blood from a stone. They still think this team has a legitimate chance to make some noise in the playoffs even after the embarrassing showing against a depleted Calgary team.

Archived