The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] M.Richards(LA) Contract Terminated

Why wasn't Colorado able to trade Parenteau at the deadline for something then? He still might be worth a 2nd-3rd round pick at the very minimum.

He's on waivers a year later. It's pretty clear he has no value at his current cap hit. He'd be a decent guy for a team to take a flyer on for cheap if he gets bought out but that's about it. No one was ever giving up something of value for him.

Nice to see the Kings stuck with the cap penalty on this.

Surprising that they whiffed on that window considering they had Shore waiting to step up.

Parenteau had a bad year, but a 32 pt /82 pace for one season after four productive years is a bit of a hair trigger. Perhaps the Habs are hard into the market for a top 6.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 21s22 seconds ago

Kings place Mike Richards on waivers (buyout).

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 4s5 seconds ago

Parenteau and Fistric also on waivers.

Not surprised with these moves as teams want cap space. Makes you wonder how the league can allow Arizona to take on a retired players contract in Pronger who has an office job, but the possiblilty of Richards and PAP not being picked up is fairly good. NHL needs to fix that rule immediately in my opinion.

Fistric might get picked up and maybe PAP as i think this is his last year

Stop whining. Pronger is not officially retired he gets put on injury reserve. He is not cheating the cap system he got &^@#ing injured and if he wants to get paid he can't officially retire. It's not like he's faking some injury just to collect money.

...so, hate to say it but I told ya Richards would be bought out (you know who you are, I'm talking to ya :P )!

...probably means LA will push hard to keep Lucic in LA. If that happens, frack me.

Buying out Richards, doesn't make a difference.

They have 14 players under contract next season with only 17M in cap space. Probably half of that will go to Kopitar. They'll have to carry the 1.4M for the remainder of Richards' contract. Trevor Lewis is an UFA, and both Tofolli and Pearson are RFAs in two years. Then, there's a possibility of Voynov being reinstated.

Highly unlikely that they'd be able to re-sign Lucic, unless he takes a major paycut to stay in LA.

Richardson says hi

Richardson wasn't bought out.

They have 14 players under contract next season with only 17M in cap space. Probably half of that will go to Kopitar. They'll have to carry the 1.4M for the remainder of Richards' contract. Trevor Lewis is an UFA, and both Tofolli and Pearson are RFAs in two years. Then, there's a possibility of Voynov being reinstated.

Highly unlikely that they'd be able to re-sign Lucic, unless he takes a major paycut to stay in LA.

Good analysis. We can still get Lucic for nothing!

Kings terminate Mike Richards' contract:

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Kings have terminated the contract of forward Mike Richards, the club announced today.

The club has issued the following statement and will not comment any further at this time:

"The Los Angeles Kings today have exercised the team's right to terminate the contract of Mike Richards for a material breach of the requirements of his Standard Player's Contract. We are not prepared to provide any more detail or to discuss the underlying grounds for the contract termination at this time."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=772880

Kings terminate Mike Richards' contract:

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Kings have terminated the contract of forward Mike Richards, the club announced today.

The club has issued the following statement and will not comment any further at this time:

"The Los Angeles Kings today have exercised the team's right to terminate the contract of Mike Richards for a material breach of the requirements of his Standard Player's Contract. We are not prepared to provide any more detail or to discuss the underlying grounds for the contract termination at this time."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=772880

Oh snap. So this is a termination, not a buyout? Did they find drugs on him or something? (Just joking, not trying to start false rumours)

So turns out Richards contract is terminated and not even bought out. Can you say circumvention of what lol.

@TSNBobMcKenzie:

As far as NHL and LAK concerned, Kings are free of obligation to Richards and he's off LA cap, player eligible to sign anywhere.

And yes it does make a big difference.

So turns out Richards contract is terminated and not even bought out. Can you say circumvention of what lol.

@TSNBobMcKenzie:

As far as NHL and LAK concerned, Kings are free of obligation to Richards and he's off LA cap, player eligible to sign anywhere.

And yes it does make a big difference.

If that is legitimately true, I know my interest in the sport will seriously die down. I am all for teams / players getting SOME breaks but that is honestly 100% completely unfair to every other team in the NHL.

Rules are rules and they should be enforced for each team not when the NHL feels its justified

lol.. something doesn't seem right here.. If the LA Kings found bases to terminate Richard's contract.. then why did they place him on waiver and hoped he get picked up by another team? oh we couldn't get rid of you so you are going to find some BS excuse to terminate ur contract? i hope Richard takes them to court and embarrass the league and the Kings over their bush league moves

Archived