The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] M.Richards(LA) Contract Terminated

So LA begged Boston to retain close to half of Lucic's salary because of their cap situation.

Then LA turned around and terminated Richards' contract to free up cap.

Then Boston trades LA's former backup goalie to LA's rival SJS.

Sounds like GM war to me.

I await LA's next move.

So what's the deal in their new, professionally-designed CBA?.. If this happened to a Van player, his cap hit DOUBLES?

The flack we took for Lu's deal(after Det, Chi did the same crap). Yet LA can DUMP the hit of 2 losers, dragging down the league's rep?

Told you all this is a RIGGED DECK!

So we could've snuck some blow into Lu's suitcase and terminated his contract?

In theory we could've, I guess...

Probably wouldn't have gotten away with it because we're not the Kings.

And also, Luongo's recapture penalty would've been huge if we terminated his contract at that point.

Like I said, if this were Kopitar or Doughty the entire LA franchise would be rallying behind them in full support and moving heaven & earth to downplay it and get him help.........but they're done with Richards & he holds no more value to them so he's cut loose in a very abrupt fashion.

Make no mistake I have little to no sympathy for Richards, he made his own bed so to speak. What if this was someone in LA's hockey ops dept.....my guess is they'd get him the best help money could buy.

Sad situation.....will be a nasty process to get a resolution.

Like I said, if this were Kopitar or Doughty the entire LA franchise would be rallying behind them in full support and moving heaven & earth to downplay it and get him help.........but they're done with Richards & he holds no more value to them so he's cut loose in a very abrupt fashion.

Make no mistake I have little to no sympathy for Richards, he made his own bed so to speak. What if this was someone in LA's hockey ops dept.....my guess is they'd get him the best help money could buy.

Sad situation.....will be a nasty process to get a resolution.

Ultimately I hope the PA challenges and this won't go through.

Really, I don't know... is this confirmed? LA has gotten away with it?

So LA begged Boston to retain close to half of Lucic's salary because of their cap situation.

Then LA turned around and terminated Richards' contract to free up cap.

Then Boston trades LA's former backup goalie to LA's rival SJS.

Sounds like GM war to me.

I await LA's next move.

Lombardi's next move is too lean back and smoke a cigarette.

Wow!! NHL player who plays physical contact sport suffers from pain and takes prescription drugs to

deal with pain and team wants to void contract?? Who would want to sign with that team? And really

Drew Doughty and Anze Kopitar and Doug Brown are you ok with this??? If you are then I don't want

to be on your team!!

do you guys really think thus would be happening if he crossed the border with a little bottle of oxy that was prescribed to him?

it's rumored that we're talking about trafficking level quantities.

do you guys really think thus would be happening if he crossed the border with a little bottle of oxy that was prescribed to him?

LA has been doing everything under the sun this past year to rid themselves of that contract. They would have terminated that contract for carrying a bottle of Tylenol across state lines, if they could have.

Archived