The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] KB3 was searching for a home in SJ, thought he'd be dealt & price is 2x2nds

Well now that the 2015 draft is over the next best thing is a 2016 2nd pick so I still think he'll go to sj before July 1st.....or anywhere the Canucks can't wait after all ufa defenseman get signed

SJ already traded their 2016 2nd

How could they let him walk to UFA? I think Weber's decent but Irwin is an upgrade on him. Unbelievable.

he was a depth piece for them this past season, that's how. The coaching staff did not have a lot of confidence in him either, that's how.

He would be an upgrade physically on Weber but both share similar offensive instincts.

Right now I'd take that 2016 pick and run.

Problem is, even if the 2nd pick hasn't been traded, is we don't know which position that 2nd pick is. SJ might be really well next season and it ends up being the 57th pick or something, as opposed to the 39th this year.

I'm happy it appears the Canucks had positive dialogue and were working with Juice. That's the right thing to do for a great all time Canuck!

This report coming out, leaves me feeling a lot better about Benning. Considering he was not able to deliver on a plan. He was doing right by the player and working for the team. I am more confident something else will surface. I personally always believed the best deal for KB3 would surface at the deadline.

Screw Wilson; no wonder Thornton thinks he's a wanker!

This is a good point and a solid return.

It sounds like the problem was we both coveted the same player; Jeremy Roy.

Wilson backed out because he probably did not project him to be there. When he was available...

How did they get that pick anyways, must have been a trade?

Right now I'd take that 2016 pick and run.

I'd wait until the Feb trade deadline. We'll do better then.

And if we don't improve before then because we are cap strapped, because we cannot spend money tied in Bieksa in what we need > we'll improve our draft position just as materially making no deal. Plus get somethin somethin at the deadline.

I'm very ok not playing into the hands of Wilson who was pulling everyone's pud!

This entire episode was entertaining, no doubt. Fans like sports drama, and this counts, even though it's not on the ice.

Sure, we could have traded Bieksa as Benning had promised, but at the end of the day not trading him could have been better for the franchise.

It will be interesting to see how long the Bieksa trade drama lasts. A week? A month? Months? Up to deadline week? Or perhaps he isn't traded at all. Maybe he even re-signs after all this.

Oh, the possibilities! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this, among the many other episodes this team will have in the upcoming season and beyond, is resolved. We should be happy to be fans of a team that gives us so many options for sports entertainment experiences.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Why the hell would we trade him now?

For cap space? Why? So we can overpay for Franson ehrhof or Green?

come on guys seriously.

As of right now the BEST thing to do is allow Bieksa to play it out in vancouver. Push his value as high as possible with limited ice time preferential matching to ensure he looks damned good. Then trade him at the deadline for more than a pathetic 2nd and look like lumps who couldn't get the job done doing it

Now people KNOW Bieksa isn't happy, they KNOW Jim Benning needs to do something. They KNOW we need cap space.

So the best thing to do is simply hold on to him. Increase his value and allow him to consider waiving for a few more teams.

He's essentially worthless at the moment in terms of value and honestly, while we are/were mostly unhappy with the Lack return, we'll be doubly pissed at a 3rd or less for Bieksa now just because we need to move him.

If the cards fall the way we think they will and Vancouver si on the outside looking in come next March why not trade him then, a 2nd and 3rd or better. Do it then instead of now.

we have no honest use for cap space; there's crap in the free agent market right now. Better to make an honest hockey trade or just hold off a while imo

I'm happy it appears the Canucks had positive dialogue and were working with Juice. That's the right thing to do for a great all time Canuck!

This report coming out, leaves me feeling a lot better about Benning. Considering he was not able to deliver on a plan. He was doing right by the player and working for the team. I am more confident something else will surface. I personally always believed the best deal for KB3 would surface at the deadline.

Screw Wilson; no wonder Thornton thinks he's a wanker!

It sounds like the problem was we both coveted the same player; Jeremy Roy.

Wilson backed out because he probably did not project him to be there. When he was available...

How did they get that pick anyways, must have been a trade?

2015 2nd + 2016 2nd and i think a 6th for the 31st pick

This team has botched so many NTC trades it's not even funny. So much for Linden and Benning changing the reputation of our team as a trading partner. Now our most loyal player in Bieksa just got jerked around and embarassed on draft day, while you had idiots on the TSN radio speculating what was going to happen to his mental health initiative if he left. Pathetic.

This team has botched so many NTC trades it's not even funny. So much for Linden and Benning changing the reputation of our team as a trading partner. Now our most loyal player in Bieksa just got jerked around and embarassed on draft day, while you had idiots on the TSN radio speculating what was going to happen to his mental health initiative if he left. Pathetic.

Actually Wilson being Wilson botched this trade, but keep talking out your ass though if it helps you...

Definitely. Embarrasing and pathetic how we treat our top players before they're moved out but this isn't the Canucks fault. Wilson made a dick move and he's know for that kind of crap.

Actually Wilson being Wilson botched this trade, but keep talking out your ass though if it helps you...

Doesn't mean our team hasn't embarassed ourselves yet again. Created a huge spectacle and hung Juice out to dry after letting him no he was unwanted.

Even if it was Wilson's fault, it still makes us look the worst at the end of the day. This isn't exactly the first time this type of thing has happened in the last 3 seasons either...

Archived