The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] KB3 was searching for a home in SJ, thought he'd be dealt & price is 2x2nds

Also, did Wilson get a goalie?

Wonder why no pkg for KB3 and Lack could not be worked. out... I guess if he would not pay for Bieksa, paying for both is a bigger issue! :lol:

Divison rival or not, we had pieces they could have used.

Also, did Wilson get a goalie?

Wonder why no pkg for KB3 and Lack could not be worked. out... I guess if he would not pay for Bieksa, paying for both is a bigger issue! :lol:

Divison rival or not, we had pieces they could have used.

He might trade for Carter Hutton.

Why does he want to go to SJ so bad with a mediocre team like the Canucks?

Why not join his buddy Kesler in Anahiem on a real contender?

Did he have a falling out with Kesler or is Anahiem just not interested?

Looks like Canucks are gonna find it hard to make moves this summer and create cap space.

Bieksa and Higgins should be gone in the the summer no point keeping either of them need to clear space for the young guys if not making any bigger moves.

Matt Bartowski still in play for Canucks? Or how about sign Matt Irvin from Sharks BC Boy and try to get back at them.

Because SJ was offering a 3 yrs deal worth 4 mil. That is 4 years of family security in one of THE nicest areas in the USA to live in. This is why they can't convince Thornton and Marleau to waive either.

Benning is a fool for not accepting that pick. That pick will be between 31-35. Canucks and SJ are both going to be at the bottom of this conference.

Now....the report says there are about 10 other teams interested.....I'm curious if Bieksa gets anything higher than that 2nd rnd

Doesn't mean our team hasn't embarassed ourselves yet again. Created a huge spectacle and hung Juice out to dry after letting him no he was unwanted.

Even if it was Wilson's fault, it still makes us look the worst at the end of the day. This isn't exactly the first time this type of thing has happened in the last 3 seasons either...

It'll have been forgotten in a few days when FA starts, it's really not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

Also this trade attempt with SJ has nothing to do with the Gillis regime so not sure what Gillis' botched deals have to do with it.

This team has botched so many NTC trades it's not even funny. So much for Linden and Benning changing the reputation of our team as a trading partner. Now our most loyal player in Bieksa just got jerked around and embarassed on draft day, while you had idiots on the TSN radio speculating what was going to happen to his mental health initiative if he left. Pathetic.

This is what upsets me. This smells like the Luongo drama fiasco again...a veteran player being dragged into the public arena for all to see. Linden and Benning bit when the press baited them and now it's another Canuck soap opera. Not impressed.

This is what upsets me. This smells like the Luongo drama fiasco again...a veteran player being dragged into the public arena for all to see. Linden and Benning bit when the press baited them and now it's another Canuck soap opera. Not impressed.

Meh. Torontrolls can say what they want and attempt to make more of it than it's worth - the fact remains that the Leafs are still sitting on Kessel and Phaneuf - with endless amounts of embarrassing and dramatic material to feed on.

This is a small fish diversion from their own back yard.

Big deal - Bieksa's name has been out there for a few weeks - and a deal almost completed that fell through.

Some people are far too quick to be turning on Linden and Benning imo Those guys are bosses. They have my full support and loyalty. I don't agree with every step they take - but that's what makes us all individuals. The team is in very competent hands.

season is over right folks no way he will be traded in the off season given the fact GM's have 2 months and a bit to work with

CDC is impatient expects things to happen immediately they see other teams trading and think why can't the Canucks do that even though they fail to realize the Canucks assets aren't worth very much and the Canucks don't have a lot of assets to trade

Meh. Torontrolls can say what they want and attempt to make more of it than it's worth - the fact remains that the Leafs are still sitting on Kessel and Phaneuf - with endless amounts of embarrassing and dramatic material to feed on.

This is a small fish diversion from their own back yard.

Big deal - Bieksa's name has been out there for a few weeks - and a deal almost completed that fell through.

Some people are far too quick to be turning on Linden and Benning imo Those guys are bosses. They have my full support and loyalty. I don't agree with every step they take - but that's what makes us all individuals. The team is in very competent hands.

I'm not opposed to the steps they are taking, just tired of having Vancouver's laundry aired publicly. I know we are a prime target for the eastern media (and our own) but would have preferred Linden and Benning to simply not comment. If the story surfaces because of other sources fine but I would rather our management not discuss details publicly.

season is over right folks no way he will be traded in the off season given the fact GM's have 2 months and a bit to work with

CDC is impatient expects things to happen immediately they see other teams trading and think why can't the Canucks do that even though they fail to realize the Canucks assets aren't worth very much and the Canucks don't have a lot of assets to trade

So they don't have next years second. Does this mean we should look for their 3rd and a so-so prospect? Could've had a second but that wanker backs out. :picard: Not a good weekend in Canuckland.

Screw wilson if he did pull this bs let's just keep juice and trade him at the deadline if we aren't in a playoff position.

I'm not opposed to the steps they are taking, just tired of having Vancouver's laundry aired publicly. I know we are a prime target for the eastern media (and our own) but would have preferred Linden and Benning to simply not comment. If the story surfaces because of other sources fine but I would rather our management not discuss details publicly.

Meh. San Jose just had Thornton telling Wilson to shut his yap recently - very publicly - and Wilson commenting openly about Thornton's lack of tact as a leader. If you want dirty laundry in public, there's plenty.

Linden and Benning aren't particularly 'public' with their business and I don't really see any dirty laundry here - just a team and a player that have reached the end of a era together. Neither Benning nor Linden have really wronged Bieksa in any way here.

I just think it's much ado about nothing.

Now....the report says there are about 10 other teams interested.....I'm curious if Bieksa gets anything higher than that 2nd rnd

Depends on Bieksa's play this season. LA gave up a 1st and Roland McKeown for Sekera last season.

Feel badly for Kevin. Loves his team/city and wanted to finish his career here, but selflessly accepts a trade and then it doesn't happen. He will likely be traded on or before trade deadline, along with my other favourite player and it will be sad to see him go.

The team will get its picks/prospects, but the team will lose probably the most loyal player ever.

Meh. San Jose just had Thornton telling Wilson to shut his yap recently - very publicly - and Wilson commenting openly about Thornton's lack of tact as a leader. If you want dirty laundry in public, there's plenty.

Linden and Benning aren't particularly 'public' with their business and I don't really see any dirty laundry here - just a team and a player that have reached the end of a era together. Neither Benning nor Linden have really wronged Bieksa in any way here.

Hopefully it is settled soon so we can focus on the young guys that will be coming in. The fewer distractions the better.

Not to mention the obsessive press that surrounds the Canucks compared to the Sharks.

Archived