The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will the Canucks ever win a cup in the Horvat era?

Duchene321

There is no doubt Macdavid is a great player and will lead the league in scoring. But I am not sure he has what it takes to win a cup. Aside from a WJHC gold, what has he won? CC and Bo have both won in the chl and I have zero doubt in my mind that one or both of them can shut down Connor. Then we got Jared sniping some geno's, with thatch shutting the door.

We will win the cup

Do you think our upcoming prospects can compete with the rising stars in Calgary and Edmonton?

Until benning finds us a stud, game breaking d-man, I think Alberta will return the ass whoopings we gave them the past 6 years

Do you think the aliens did permanent brain damage when they "probed" you?

Lets put it this way. Im the Canucks 45 year history, we have never had a stud undisputed #1 defenceman. Not ONE.

Im talking a real game changer, im talking a Bobby Orr, a Larry Robinson, a Ray Bourque, a Chris Pronger, a Nicklas Lidstrom.

We have never had one of these kinds of guys. A LEGIT #1 Dman is what we need. We need a Shea Weber.

Guessing you're talking about a few years from now when Horvat, Virtanen, and Shink are expected to be in our top six. Hard to see them matching up against the Flames up and coming core of Monahan, Gaudreau, and Bennett but if we have better depth behind those guys we might have a chance. Edmonton has enough skills in their core to build a dynasty now if they can get their crap together.

There is no doubt Macdavid is a great player and will lead the league in scoring. But I am not sure he has what it takes to win a cup. Aside from a WJHC gold, what has he won? CC and Bo have both won in the chl and I have zero doubt in my mind that one or both of them can shut down Connor. Then we got Jared sniping some geno's, with thatch shutting the door.

We will win the cup

I'm glad we got McDavid in our division. It will push Horvat who I believe will be our future #1 center to his absolute height. So amped for our guys to develop. Would you guys be a

Opposed to moving hamhuis if we got a stud d prospect back that can sit in in a top 4 role? Like a maata not saying will get him. Pouliot perhaps? Just askinf

We will win the cup

Winning at the junior level doesn't really matter that much. Taylor Hall won two memorial cups. A lot of good that did him at the nhl level. Therefore mcdavid not winning the memorial cup doesnt mean mcdavid doesnt have what it takes to win at the nhl level just like Hall winning it doesn't automatically mean he has what it takes to win the cup.

We will win the cup

LOL the greatest prospect since Sidney, and most say even better, doesnt have what it takes to win a cup? It takes a team, but im sure as hell convinced by watching him that he will be a gamebreaker.

I think what you meant to say is that the oilers will not be a good enough team for him to win the cup with them. Yea and Cassels really shut him down, McDavid was still at over a point per game in that series, but I guess we need to nitpick the kid already.

I'm glad we got McDavid in our division. It will push Horvat who I believe will be our future #1 center to his absolute height. So amped for our guys to develop. Would you guys be a

Opposed to moving hamhuis if we got a stud d prospect back that can sit in in a top 4 role? Like a maata not saying will get him. Pouliot perhaps? Just askinf

Who is going to give us a stud prospect that's ready for top four for an aging D-man in the final year of his contract?

LOL the greatest prospect since Sidney, and most say even better, doesnt have what it takes to win a cup? It takes a team, but im sure as hell convinced by watching him that he will be a gamebreaker.

I think what you meant to say is that the oilers will not be a good enough team for him to win the cup with them. Yea and Cassels really shut him down, McDavid was still at over a point per game in that series, but I guess we need to nitpick the kid already.

Well Crosby has only won 1 cup ;)

Archived