The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will the Canucks ever win a cup in the Horvat era?

Duchene321

Lets put it this way. Im the Canucks 45 year history, we have never had a stud undisputed #1 defenceman. Not ONE.

Im talking a real game changer, im talking a Bobby Orr, a Larry Robinson, a Ray Bourque, a Chris Pronger, a Nicklas Lidstrom.

We have never had one of these kinds of guys. A LEGIT #1 Dman is what we need. We need a Shea Weber.

Wasn't Jovie as close as that?

It depends on how long the "Horvat era" is.

If Canucks management and ownership abandon the counter-productive idea of making the playoffs every year, signing bandaid free agents, over paying for fringe NHLers, drafting low every year, and trading good players for cheese sandwiches or just letting them walk entirely, then maybe we can be a contender again within a few years. If we just carry on as is, well personally I think there'll be another cup in Alberta before there's one here.

My guess is that after unintentionally being a poor team somewhere in the near future the rebuild will begin for real and Horvat and the Canucks will be back in the cup mix in 6 years.

Do you think our upcoming prospects can compete with the rising stars in Calgary and Edmonton?

Until benning finds us a stud, game breaking d-man, I think Alberta will return the ass whoopings we gave them the past 6 years

Straight up can our prospects compeat with the Alberta prospects... No.

Will the Alberta prospects want to stay in Alberta.... No. They will move on when they get a chance and I think we have a better chance of holding on to our prospects and building a better team.

Honestly, until we get a gamebreaker on the backend, no. We need a guy like chychrun. And we also need a guy who could play with chychrun. In my opinion, next year's draft will be one of the most important draft in Canucks history. I think chychrun is the final piece of the puzzle.

I'm glad we got McDavid in our division. It will push Horvat who I believe will be our future #1 center to his absolute height. So amped for our guys to develop. Would you guys be a

Opposed to moving hamhuis if we got a stud d prospect back that can sit in in a top 4 role? Like a maata not saying will get him. Pouliot perhaps? Just askinf

I've been saying it all summer. I want Ellis. Send hammer + back to Nashville. we solve our pp qb issues.

I've been saying it all summer. I want Ellis. Send hammer + back to Nashville. we solve our pp qb issues.

Any solid pp qb would be amazing. NAS and WAS have a lot of quality D prospects

On the note of Horvat. I think that GM who told bob mckenzie bo is 4th best player in the draft might be dead on. Now I'm curious which GM said that.. Hmm.. Ken holland maybe?

I'm glad we got McDavid in our division. It will push Horvat who I believe will be our future #1 center to his absolute height. So amped for our guys to develop. Would you guys be a

Opposed to moving hamhuis if we got a stud d prospect back that can sit in in a top 4 role? Like a maata not saying will get him. Pouliot perhaps? Just askinf

it doesn't matter if we are "okay" or not. Benning and co will do what's right for the team. The right decision is not always the popular one (eg. Lack trade). I am not disappointing at this year's draft at all. Maybe a little disappointing that we couldn't trade KB3 to get more picks but that wasn't fully in their control. At the draft the management did what they said. That is they don't want to trade any prospects or our young players for players like Lucic which would be great if he plays for us but if it is costing us Horvat, Virtanen or something at that magnitude then no thanks!

Poor Bo its all up to him now. As this team fades even deeper into mediocrity Bo will get depressed like the fans.

The management of this team has been making dumb moves for years the dumbest being the idea of a veteran number 1 goalie being necessary. this scenario happened with Luongo, Schneider and now Miller, Lack but With the Canucks wasting money on veteran goalies that are not as good as their backup goalie.

Its looking like Lindens coach and GM are maybe not the best choices he could have made. Poor Bo.

Archived