The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Dougie Hamilton was offered 6 years, 33M before he was traded to Flames

Jaku

If you think Gio is a one hit wonder youve been living under a rock

It's not like he's been Bobby Orr hiding under a rock all these years. He definitely could be a one hit wonder, and I think his contract demands are insane. Though I hope Calgary fails hard because it's my job.

It's not like he's been Bobby Orr hiding under a rock all these years. He definitely could be a one hit wonder, and I think his contract demands are insane. Though I hope Calgary fails hard because it's my job.

His last 6 seasons have all been very good - hence the moniker one-hit wonder doesn't really apply.

His last 6 seasons have all been very good - hence the moniker one-hit wonder doesn't really apply.

I've seen enough of the Sedins ripping through him over the Canuck heyday years to be relatively unimpressed. Not all his fault, and he's still good, but not that good.

But you're right. I guess 'one hit wonder' doesn't apply at all if his past season was just as good as the one before. But however you didn't hear Norris hype around the one before.

He'd do himself a favour by playing some complete seasons again though.

Can't wait for someone to offersheet Hamilton.

Burkey will be itching for another barn fight lol.

Man I would love that to happen. Was just talking to a co-worker about that happening. The return would be possibly less than what they traded away.

Man I would love that to happen. Was just talking to a co-worker about that happening. The return would less than what they traded away.

They'd have no choice but to match. The point would be to hurt them on the bottom cap line - and possibly force them into a risky length of term.

Edmonton or Colorado really should use this mechanism in this instance. The former for the sake of rivalry and competitive edge, the latter for revenge - and because either of them could really use the player if (but not gonna happen) successful.

They'd have no choice but to match. The point would be to hurt them on the bottom cap line - and possibly force them into a risky length of term.

Edmonton or Colorado really should use this mechanism in this instance. The former for the sake of rivalry and competitive edge, the latter for revenge - and because either of them could really use the player if (but not gonna happen) successful.

Chiarelli was also reported in on the bidding and had a better offer the table when Bruins decided to not deal with the former GM, It’s got to hurt to want a guy only to have your rivals swoop in a steal him. Now is the time he can get some revenge, and make the flames pay…. Literally

It makes total sense for them to do it. I would actually be somewhat surprised if they didn't.

Lol top 5.. Hedman, Karlson, OEL, Keith, Doughty, Pieterangelo, Weber, Suter are all better. And that's off the top of my head, probs 15 D-men better

Hedman, Karlsson, OEL, Keith, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Weber, Suter, Ekblad, Subban, Giordano, Burns, Byfuglien, Josi, Letang, Yandle, Markov, Keith, Kronwall, Shattenkirk, and possibly more but I can't think of them.

Gio won't get 9/per, he'll get a raise, and Hamilton will get a good contract, but Calgary has boat loads of cap space, and as the other guys(Monahan/Gaudreu/Bennett, etc) start to need extensions some of the older guys (Smid/Stajan and more) will be ending their contracts so I really don't see any problems for Calgary in keeping everyone signed and happy.

The addition of Hamilton also allows us to play around with trading Wideman or Smid and bring in some picks or bottom six fillers.

Doughty

Keith

Pietrangelo

Subban

Weber

Suter

Karlsson

Mcdonaugh

OEL

Yeah, no. He had one good season

The problem with yourl ist is Gio is a better player then some you mentioned. Again he was the runaway favorite Norris winner before his season ending injury.

Gio won't get 9/per, he'll get a raise, and Hamilton will get a good contract, but Calgary has boat loads of cap space, and as the other guys(Monahan/Gaudreu/Bennett, etc) start to need extensions some of the older guys (Smid/Stajan and more) will be ending their contracts so I really don't see any problems for Calgary in keeping everyone signed and happy.

The addition of Hamilton also allows us to play around with trading Wideman or Smid and bring in some picks or bottom six fillers.

Pretty much this in my opinion. Calgary's cap situation will be just fine considering the players that will come of the books.

In my opinion Calgary very well might have the best top 4 in the Nhl next season.

Yeah, no. He had one good season

Make that two in a row.

This last year he had 48 points in 61 games, but the previous year he had 47 points in 64 games. For some reason, no one noticed him and he went underrated. Seems he's still somewhat underrated.

Pretty much this in my opinion. Calgary's cap situation will be just fine considering the players that will come of the books.

In my opinion Calgary very well might have the best top 4 in the Nhl next season.

You’re forgetting that Johnny Hockey, Monahan and Bennett all get raises in two years. Fan 960 (Flames radio) even thinks Calgary will be in trouble and should be moving Hudler/Wideman this summer to prevent any risk.

And best top 4 in the league. I don’t know about that.

NSH

Weber Jones Josi, Ellis

NYR

Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Yandle

CHI

Seabrook, Keith, Hjalmarsson, Oduya

STl

Bowmester, Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo. Gunnarsson

WPG

Enstrom, Myers, Byfuglien, Trouba

Caps

Niskanen, Orpik, Calrson Alzner/Bowey