The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Unconditional - Hodgson, Stalberg

Visp

He wanted to play here when he was here, and if he put in the effort he'd definitely get 2nd line play over Bonino. With new management, I can't see why a thing like this couldn't work, provided CoHo and his camp understand that the garbage they pulled that got him traded in the first place won't be tolerated

Yes, for two reasons.

1st. Gillis was only trading with one team. He should have let it be known around the league he was interested in moving Hodgson for the right price, he would have gotten more out of the deal.

2nd. He should have waited until the draft, so that inflated Cody's numbers for the season and post season. Once again we would have gotten more.

Having Kassian with a bad back isn't a lot to show for it.

In Gillis' defence, I think he was specifically targeting Kassian. But in general, I agree that he could've waited until the draft and should've explored more options.

I would still rather have Kassian than Hodgson.

Sabres place Cody Hodgson on waivers. Unreal

Did Farhan actually say that it was unreal?

Okay. Not sure why it is unreal since it's been rumoured for awhile.

I think he's just shocked even though everyone speculated it was going to happen.

Sabres place Cody Hodgson on waivers. Predictable.

IMO, the "unreal" is warranted.

Not because it happened which was to be expected, but how such a highly touted prospect crashed and burned in such spectacular fashion.

Hodgson is still young enough to turn his career around, providing he lands with the right team (not Vancouver). He needs to improve conditioning, his skating and leave his dad at home.

With an improved 1st step, and better conditioning, there's no reason he can't be a solid 2nd line centerman. I doubt he'll ever be Selke worthy, but perhaps with some better discipline, the right coach, system and supporting cast, he can certainly not be a defensive liability at the very least.

Re: Having Kassian with a bad back not being a consolation, his back wasn't bad when we traded for him, it was injured while playing for us. His conditioning has massively improved this off season from what I've read and seen in videos, he's leaner, meaner and hungry to solidify his spot on this team.

Kassian is going to break out this season.

I'm calling it right now (my inner Apollo is coming out to play):

Baertschi - Horvat - Kassian by the end of the season is going to be a dominant force in the league, and will become our undisputed first line, just by sheer force of will.

So he'd only cost $1.4 million? That's not too bad.

Hope Jimmy scoops him up, he'd be another young, cost-controlled asset with potential to blossom.

Then again, I'd love to hear what SabreFan would say about why he crashed and burned.

Must be something in the story that explains why he had such a major collapse, maybe even a legit warning sign.

If there isn't though, I'd be all for scooping him up for cheap. #BargainBinTime2015

Hope Jimmy scoops him up, he'd be another young, cost-controlled asset with potential to blossom.

Then again, I'd love to hear what SabreFan would say about why he crashed and burned.

Must be something in the story that explains why he had such a major collapse, maybe even a legit warning sign.

If there isn't though, I'd be all for scooping him up for cheap. #BargainBinTime2015

I dunno. We got rid of him for a reason, and he couldn't even get 4th line ice time on the worst team in the league. He can't skate and he has no work ethic. Almost zero potential at this point. Pass (again).

The 1/3 vs 2/3 is buyout cost. He would cost another team whatever it takes to sign him (I could see a 1 year 1 million deal to get him motivated. If he can't get up for that, then he's off to Europe to dominate, probably Switzerland. It's really one of the only countries in Europe that has a decent hockey culture, and is most like Canada from a cultural/quality of life standard.

Archived