The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Make things right with Bieksa

The guy is practically run out of town by fans after he waives his NTC to San Jose, but then isn't even traded. I personally feel horrible for him and he doesn't deserve the treatment he's getting right now.

My proposal is for Jim Benning to call San Jose again and stop being a child about not getting the 39th overall and get the deal done.

San Jose:

KB3

Conditional 5th (if SJ makes playoffs)

Vancouver:

2016 2nd

I like Jim Benning and the moves he has made so far, but if I was the GM of San Jose there is no way in hell i trade 39th for Bieksa alone. Lets take his cap off of the sheet and sign our guys and maybe even Franson.

So this is a suggestion? Proposal? Specualtion? Rumour? Report?

Either way it's silly. Why the hell would we do Wilson any favours after the crap he just pulled?

Love Bieksa and all but San Jose should be off our trade list for the foreseeable future after the garbage he pulled.

And yes I know it's just rumours and there are two parties involved but by and large it seems to lean on him as the reason thsi deal didn't get done so in short

Screw Wilson

Screw the Sharts

Bieksa will go elsewhere

Either way it's silly. Why the hell would we do Wilson any favours after the crap he just pulled?

Love Bieksa and all but San Jose should be off our trade list for the foreseeable future after the garbage he pulled.

And yes I know it's just rumours and there are two parties involved but by and large it seems to lean on him as the reason thsi deal didn't get done so in short

Screw Wilson

Screw the Sharts

Bieksa will go elsewhere

But is it agreed upon that Bieksa needs to be moved sooner than later?

Screw Wilson

Screw the Sharts

Bieksa will go elsewhere

This exactly. I've always hated the Sharks. I hate them even more now after Wilson screwed us. I hope they aren't anywhere close to the playoffs next season.

Screw Wilson

Screw the Sharts

Bieksa will go elsewhere

Well said. I would not do any favors for the Sharks, just take them right off the list of potential trade partners, or ask for much more that what he's worth.

San Jose:

KB3

Vancouver:

2016 2nd

Wait, so they get an extra pick if they make the playoffs? How does that make any sense? Usually it's the other way around, we get an extra pick if they make the playoffs, or if Bieksa re-signs with them.

How did any fans practically run him out of town?

Media pushed questions overall but listening to the team 1040 you hear a ton of callers hating on bieksa and sbisa.

Anywho, the thread title is terrible. It's not really doing right by Bieksa... Bieksa wants to stay if you want to do right by him you keep him.

/shrug anyways the proposal isn't anything special essentially the same as the rumoured deals.

No one ran Bieksa out of town, and I don't feel like he is the type of player that would drag his feet and hold a grudge. Kevin wants what is best for the team, and I'm sure he understands as a professional athlete in today's NHL that trades are a part of the business.

If KB is still here at the start of the season he will play his heart out, that's just the kind of guy he is. Maybe this will even have a positive effect on his game, who knows?

But is it agreed upon that Bieksa needs to be moved sooner than later?

Not really.

I mean yes by general logic. Our D needs a shakeup and reinvigoration. And we cannot carry all our RHD.

- By default we should be moving vets and making room for youth. So yes angry face has logic.

- But no when you consider Tanev / Corrado / Clendenning / Weber (not necessarily in order) as the depth chart.

That right side of our D has some talent but is pretty damn small, soft and lacking experience. It would STILL need a reshuffling IMO.

So there is equal logic to getting on some combination of signings and hockey trades that actually settle the D! Which in my mind would be to trade Weber for what you can get. And keep Bieksa till the deadline to do a more serious shuffle, when we can certainly get more for him. Which also gives the younger guys (including Subban, Pedan and Hutton on the farm) more time to season.

The third option; we have a stable of seven round one drafted forwards (Baertschi, Jensen, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Virtanen, McCann & Boeser) waiting to crack a line up. Plus Cassels & Grenier closing in on being ready. Further, Kassian sort of still not imbedded in a permanent role. With that much depth among those TEN high profile young forwards > plus any combination of veterans (Higgins, Bieksa, Vrbata, Burrows, Hansen)...

To make a fairly major shake up with. Somewhere in there, there would have been the depth to get a Griffin Reinhart or Hamilton for the prices that were paid???????????????????????

Either way bieksa is no longer going to San Jose

Because San Jose traded their 2015 2nd and 2016 2nd to move up to 31 OA to take Jeremy Roy

Bieksa for Tennyson?

Still leaves us a logjam of right handed young defenders, but Tennyson is very similar to Corrado. Just well over 200 lbs and a bit taller by memory...

I still reckon SJ will (MUST) do a shake up on their D. It was what let them down last year Jan onwards. Caused their demise as much as most believe its the Wilson / Thornton spat.

Either way bieksa is no longer going to San Jose

Because San Jose traded their 2015 2nd and 2016 2nd to move up to 31 OA to take Jeremy Roy

Actually San Jose still has their 2016 2nd, San Jose had two 2nds in 2016 and the one given to Colo was their own that S.J owed.

As for a deal, I thought before the fallout of the pending trade that a deal of Julius Bergman and a S.J 2016 2nd would have been a fair deal for Bieksa. As for now I would still take this type of deal if Benning could get it from S.J and should be asked for

Screw the sharks. Benning will now have 2 months to get a 2016 draft pick which may be better than what the sharks were offering.

I thought this thread was going to be about how Benning rekindles Bieksa's willingness to play for them next year lol.. i guess you still want to ship him out eh. Would rather ship out Sbisa and Weber and let Juice teach Corrado and Clendening the ropes.

With Weber and Stanton not getting qualifying offers, that leaves:

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Sbisa-?

Additional RH-Clending, Corrado

Additional LH-none

That's only 7 d-men and would require Clendening or Corrado to play regularly. That makes me wonder if the Canucks now intend to keep Juice for this coming season and deal with their cap problem another way. Another possibility is they still plan to trade Juice but plan to sign a cheap UFA.

The guy is practically run out of town by fans after he waives his NTC to San Jose, but then isn't even traded. I personally feel horrible for him and he doesn't deserve the treatment he's getting right now.

My proposal is for Jim Benning to call San Jose again and stop being a child about not getting the 39th overall and get the deal done.

San Jose:

KB3

Vancouver:

2016 2nd

I like Jim Benning and the moves he has made so far, but if I was the GM of San Jose there is no way in hell i trade 39th for Bieksa alone. Lets take his cap off of the sheet and sign our guys and maybe even Franson.

I could want us to receive the conditional pick if he resigns or they make plays.

haha the "Sharts"

I would have been so happy if we got the 2016 2nd round pick for Juice. I appreciate what he has done, but at this stage he is an OFD who had no offensive left. He is a veteran plug with some snarl. I think he has some value to some teams, but not on Vancouver.

Archived