The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your kidding right?

captaincowbasher

So i'm listening to JB rationalize his draft weekend and he says something along the lines that he worked really hard to try and make a deal for Lucic... well looking at that deal 13th overall, (G)Martin Jones and (D) prospect Collin Miller and we couldn't do better? Your kidding right? Lucic is the exact top line winger this town has needed since the decline of Bertuzzi. We all witnessed what Bertuzzi did with the Sedins, Lucic would have been the perfect fit for the Sedins. Believe me when I say this Benning blew it hard. Lucic will re-up with the Kings and having a number 1 power forward on our team will remain that allusive dream.

If that's JB's idea of working really hard then the Canucks are seriously screwed. We had 2 second round picks and we have Sven and Vey to show for it. We literally gave Lack away just to keep Miller happy and apparently 5 teams are seriously interested in Bieksa but he can't even get a 2nd for him...lol, and Higgins is still a Canuck. I think i'm going to puke, terrible draft for the Canucks and for those that think we won the Kesler deal- give your heads a shake we got murdered!!!!!

Lucic had a NTC. Lucic probably would not waive his NTC to come here. He went to a cup contender instead. Is this a surprise to anyone?

Lucic actually wanted to come here. We were his number 1 stop. The problem is LA simply had a better package then us. They have more expendable assets. It happens.

Lucic trade was fantastic for us.

Now there's an idiot on skates that'll take some dumb penalties and get burnt when the twins rip them apart on the PP.

The only winners in the lucic trade are us.

Lucic had a NTC. Lucic probably would not waive his NTC to come here. He went to a cup contender instead. Is this a surprise to anyone?

The media was saying that Lucic would waive for a few teams, Vancouver included.

What I want to know is why the Canucks weren't in the running for Dougie Hamilton. Calgary didn't give up very much for him when you consider how good that young man is.

LOL @ people who think Calgary will regress next season...just take a look at their blue line FFS. Best defense this side of Chicago.

Basically LA gave up a first for a top 3 fwd who is considered one of the best Power Forwards to lace them up, and that's why LA wins cups and we don't. Still glad to lose when it counts?

Really? Lucic is a bum and you're really going to rate him one of the best Power Forward ever? Im out yo.

The media was saying that Lucic would waive for a few teams, Vancouver included.

What I want to know is why the Canucks weren't in the running for Dougie Hamilton. Calgary didn't give up very much for him when you consider how good that young man is.

LOL @ people who think Calgary will regress next season...just take a look at their blue line FFS. Best defense this side of Chicago.

simply because the flames didn't want our second round picks Vey and Sven...lol

Not really sure we want Lucic on this team. With Miller and Sedins still being around.

The price to give up for Lucic is high too. LA gave up 13th OVR, a young G, and a D prospect.

What can we give that has similar value?

13th OVR >> 23rd OVR

Martin Jones < Eddie Lack

Most importantly, can't really afford to give up any D prospect right now.

More like Vancouver's lack of prospects and picks can't get the deal done.....

They gave up a goalie prospect, a first, and a dman... You literally just said that when you started this redundant thread.

It would have taken our 23rd, markstrom, and a prospect good enough to match collin miller and make up the 10 pick difference between our pick and the given 13th OA.

No thanks.

What would we do with lucic anyways? It's gonna take more than him for this team to win a cup.

Basically LA gave up a first for a top 3 fwd who is considered one of the best Power Forwards to lace them up, and that's why LA wins cups and we don't. Still glad to lose when it counts?

Archived