The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal/Discussion] Hypothetical Situation for Discussion

This is for a Discussion on a Hypothetical situation.

As we all just watched at the trade deadline teams around us like Edmonton, Anaheim Calgary, LA, Colorado and Dallas all got better and we stood pat. These other teams also have the ability to likely attract some good F/A aswell. While again we do not have the Cap Space to add anyone,

So as most of us expect we are going to have a poor season expecting to finish outside the playoffs. Now the Sedins only have 3 years left and want a chance to win. At this point we should be in a rebuild and mutually come to agreement with Daniel and Henrik to move them at the deadline.

Below are IMO destinations that would try and aquire them...All deals are for Henrik and Daniel with us retaining 2Million on each contract. IMO individually each player could return a 1st rd pick, prospect and a young roster player, the fact we would be moving both players to the same teams isnt realistic for that return on each player but would still be high.

To Anaheim for Jakob Silfverberg, Shea Theodore, Nick Ritchie and 2016 1st rd pick.

To Detroit for Tomas Tatar, Joe Hicketts, Anthony Mantha and 2016 1st rd pick

To Nashville for Craig Smith, Ryan Ellis, Kevin Fiala, Jack Dougherty and 2016 1st rd pick

To NY Isles. for Michael Dal Colle, Ryan Pulock, Mitch Vande Somple 2016 1st rd pick

To St.Louis for Jaden Schwartz, Robby Fabbri, Vince Dunn, Tommy Vanneli and 2016 1st rd pick

IMO these would be 5 destinations for teams wanting to win now.

Are there others you would add? or any offers you would change? asking to much or to little?

As well being able to trade Vrbata and Hamhuis at the deadline for a Prospect and pick each we could add 2 or 3 first Rd picks and 5-6 prospects before the 2016 Draft

The first and last statement with any discussion around trading the Sedins is finding a team that they'd waive to (i.e. a contender) that also has $14M in cap space to take them on. Do any of the teams you've listed fit that bill, even considering salary retained?

The first and last statement with any discussion around trading the Sedins is finding a team that they'd waive to (i.e. a contender) that also has $14M in cap space to take them on. Do any of the teams you've listed fit that bill, even considering salary retained?

As it stands now we would have no idea who would be contenders come trade deadline, Reason i picked these teams is that i feel adding the Sedins to there existing rosters could set them over the top

As for salaries i have us retaining 2million on each so teams would need about 10Million right now, Anaheim has 23 million in capspace with Slifverberg and Haglin to re-sign but i have us taking Slifverberg back in a trade so its really only Haglin.

Detroit has 14 million in Capspace with Jurco, Nyquist and Smith to re-sign but minus the 2.75 we would take back with Tatar. They are also looking to move Weiss wich would free up another 4 million

Nashville has almost 27 million in cap space right now with Craig Smith and Colin Wilson along with some smaller priced RFA and Ribiero if they bring him back. But if we take Craig Smith back and Ryan Ellis that frees up 2.5 million and whatever Smith is re-signed for

NY Has 16.5 million in Cap space right now, with Brock Nelson and Anders Lee to resign, they may have to move out a contract like Okposo or Grabner but the flexibility and Capspace is here to do it.

St.Louis has 15 million in Capspace they have to re-sign Taresenko which will cost a bit but if we take Schwarts back that frees up an extra 2.3 million. They are rumoured to be willing to trade Oshie and Berglund which would open up enough space to take on the Sedins

So ultimately all the 5 teams could easily be in a position to take the Sedins on, maybe we even eat up to 3 million on each contract if the return is good enough

If they were to trade the sedins there is one team id want them on. Washington with ovi. I think that would be fantastic.

I thought about Washington, they have about 20 Million in Cap space with Kuznetsov and Johanssen needing new contracts.

I just didnt like the return we would get. Bowey and a 1st for sure, but beyond that I cant see them giving up Kuznetsov. and not sold on Burakovsky

I guess Bowey, Burakovsky, Vrana and a 1st rd pick maybe as a potential deal.

I highly doubt the twins would ever leave. But.....i do like the detroit one. Its summer time they would have alot of time to find new homes and fellow countymen zetterberg fransen and kronwall would be very helpful with welcoming them to the team and the town. Does any team want to destroy their future for one or two very solid years?

I highly doubt the twins would ever leave. But.....i do like the detroit one. Its summer time they would have alot of time to find new homes and fellow countymen zetterberg fransen and kronwall would be very helpful with welcoming them to the team and the town. Does any team want to destroy their future for one or two very solid years?

That's why Detroit isn't a good possibility. Washington on the other hand would get a guaranteed cup for Ovi and the Sedins.

A Top 6 of

Sedin-Sedin-Ovechkin

Kuznetsov-Backstrom-Johansson

Would be a delight to watch.

You could also do Sedins for Malkin and Pouliot. Instant cup for Pittsburgh.

That's why Detroit isn't a good possibility. Washington on the other hand would get a guaranteed cup for Ovi and the Sedins.

A Top 6 of

Sedin-Sedin-Ovechkin

Kuznetsov-Backstrom-Johansson

Would be a delight to watch.

You could also do Sedins for Malkin and Pouliot. Instant cup for Pittsburgh.

I agree If they do go i would love to see them with Ovie in Wash.

I think the task will be willing to find the team that is willing to Jepordize some younger assets for 2-3 years of winning, A team like Nashville and NYI like i suggested may not be willing. A team like Detroit who with Kronwall, Dats and Zetty that are getting older may be willing to part with some pieces as they still hae the likes of Nyquist, Jurco and Larkin ect ect.

Then there are the boarder teams like Anaheim and St.Louis who are strong now, possibly could win with out the Sedins, but adding them can put them over that last hurdle

Archived