The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Zac Rinaldo to Bruins

I'd feel bad for them if they hadn't won a Cup recently. This is just terrible, terrible asset management. What is Sweeney thinking?

He's thinking "As soon as I'm finished smoking this crack rock, I'm going to make another trade. Oh look, Bieksa is available. Hey Patrice, will you waive to go to Vancouver?"

To all those who are complaining about the Lack trade.

Please realize that the Canucks' management probably tried to high-ball all the interested teams, and basically got burnt in the end and took the only deal left on the table to avoid any controversy.

This directly translates to the lack of trades for other core players as well. This Canucks' management motto of re-tool while remaining competitive (direct translation: we need to make the playoffs and make bank) is really hurting this team. The man upstairs probably won't allow any hockey trades, and will only try to make console-like trades so the Canucks get younger while remaining just as, or more competitive than they currently stand.

Not too sure how many retarded GMs will pull the trigger with us. So far, only trades we have been able to make are picking up other teams' forsaken projects. Hopefully something will pan out for this teams' sake... but my hopes aren't very high.

I hate to keep saying it but as the team was when Benning got here was hard to trade half the team with NTC!He has done what he could and now it gets harder to move players,so remember that and he can only get what others will pay.I am so sick of seeing people complain when they forget what Benning came into!

@numerartovertag:

Maxim Lapierre, Matt Cooke, Patrice Cormier, Colton Orr, Brian McGrattan, Zach Sill.

Pretty good UFA class IMO.

I bet you Sweeney signs em all

With those guys available it makes you wonder why he made this trade. Lapierre, Cooke, and Sill all are better players than Rinaldo.

This trade means Sweeney is an idiot, nothing more. I hate Rinaldo. I have been a Bruins fan since 1987, but they have traded players I really liked and now they bring this clown in? I would turn this trade down in NHL 15 and laugh at the game for trying to get a third out of me for that guy.

Do we still have rights to Sestito? Maybe we can get a 4th rounder from Boston.

Sweeney is stupid enough to take it. It's like Mike O'Connell came back for revenge. I never understood why Chiarelli was fired. Maybe they wanted to make stupid trades like this and kept refusing.

Lmao all the butt hurt people. It's a 3rd rounder. In 2 years. That means even if that player they draft makes the NHL, which is already long shot, iI doubt that player would even play before 3 years in the minors. That's a player they won't have for at least 5 years, that may or may not even make the NHL.

We got a 3rd in the deepest draft in a decade, plus another pick.

Lmao all the butt hurt people. It's a 3rd rounder. In 2 years. That means even if that player they draft makes the NHL, which is already long shot, iI doubt that player would even play before 3 years in the minors. That's a player they won't have for at least 5 years, that may or may not even make the NHL.

We got a 3rd next year, which Benning says has deeper 2nd and 3rd rounds, plus a 7th. If Benning nabs a guy like Tate Olsen in the 7th round next year, I'd call the Lack trade a success.

We actually got a 3rd rounder this year... we already used it to draft Guillame Brisebois.

Archived