The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What players will the Canucks target on July 1st?

duncan44

The Bieksa trade opened just enough cap space to cover our more pressing contracts and rfa's. We will not have the cap space to bring on a guy like Franson and probably won't as management has already stated their desire to play Clendening and Corrado this season. Hence the reason Weber was not resigned either. Gaunce is likely to compete for that 4th line center slot, so no signing of a 4th liner is needed either. It would be stupid to bring on any bottom 6 contracts as we have so much to fill those positions.

The Bieksa trade opened just enough cap space to cover our more pressing contracts and rfa's. We will not have the cap space to bring on a guy like Franson and probably won't as management has already stated their desire to play Clendening and Corrado this season. Hence the reason Weber was not resigned either. Gaunce is likely to compete for that 4th line center slot, so no signing of a 4th liner is needed either. It would be stupid to bring on any bottom 6 contracts as we have so much to fill those positions.

Gaunce was drafted 3 years ago so u would think he's about ready to step in I agree. If he doesn't make it this year he probably never will. It's about time these guys that have been in the oven a while be brought up. Kind of the whole point of drafting. I don't want to see any UFA s other then depth guys personally.

Could Thatcher Demko Move from Boston College to Utica to split with Cannata?

It's up to Thatcher if he wants to leave College.His parents also believe that an education is important too.Let him developed like Schneider did.

Cole Cassels for 4th line center! He shutdown Connor Mcdavid at the memorial cup I'm sure he is better then Vey.

4th line Derek Dorsett Cole Cassels Jake Virtanen

Big, tough shutdown line that can put a few in the net and throw the body around.

Yeah we are better off trading Hansen for a decent young D under a decent contract, and just save the money.

No they arent. Hansen is one of the few truly effective 200ft players they have. Do you really think they arent trying to win?

Gaunce was drafted 3 years ago so u would think he's about ready to step in I agree. If he doesn't make it this year he probably never will. It's about time these guys that have been in the oven a while be brought up. Kind of the whole point of drafting. I don't want to see any UFA s other then depth guys personally.

A late 1st rounder gets 3 years to make the team then he's a bust?

Jeeeezus, not exactly the Detroit model

i predict that rumours of franson to vancouver will swirl wildly for most of today until finally he ends up signing elsewhere (thankfully) late in the day or tomorrow, and this "disappointment", combining with the canucks signing bartkowski, will get this site in yet another tizzy.

Archived