The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pat Quinn should be in the HHOF

homersexual

I was expecting Pat Quinn to be announced into the HHOF today. He was on the committee so his boys are the ones deciding.

Does anyone have any idea why he didn't make it in? Does anyone think he isn't deserving?

Deserves got nothing to do with it. Karmanos is an owner, you know why he gets in as a builder....

Quinn should be in the Hall, without a doubt. For all he contributed to the sport and business of hockey as a player, coach and manager. The selection committee needs to know how the fans feel or they tend to forget about people over time.

I was expecting Pat Quinn to be announced into the HHOF today. He was on the committee so his boys are the ones deciding.

Does anyone have any idea why he didn't make it in? Does anyone think he isn't deserving?

Don't take this the wrong way. I would like to see him in the Hall too, but maybe it's due to his lack of Stanley Cups?

Don't take this the wrong way. I would like to see him in the Hall too, but maybe it's due to his lack of Stanley Cups?

That there is the argument. Is it about the Cups or Contributions? Based on contributions he is a lock! Ask yourself this. If Jay Feaster kicked the can tomorrow, would you say is HHOF material?...he won the cup as Gm.

Do they have an Icon category?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Quinn_(ice_hockey)

That little bit there is enough to get into the Hall. When you begin to look at the rest of what he did, and who he was it is truly incredible he did not make it-yet.

This ticks me off as much as how the Hall let Pat Burns die, before putting him in.

Do they have an Icon category?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Quinn_(ice_hockey)

That little bit there is enough to get into the Hall. When you begin to look at the rest of what he did, and who he was it is truly incredible he did not make it-yet.

This ticks me off as much as how the Hall let Pat Burns die, before putting him in.

That's an HHOF quality resume if I would say so myself.

relax. He will be. Burns had to wait and so will Quinn. I would guess next year or the following.

Quinny will be in the hall in the Builders category. Not everyone makes it the first time around you still get multiple tries at it, do not question whether Quinn can make the hall, but rather WHEN he will make it. One of the most highly respected hockey men ever, and made a difference to so many players that he will without question be in the hall.

You don't have to win the Stanley cup to get into the Hall of fame. Brad Park,Jean Ratelle,,Norm Ullman, Pat Lafontane, to name a few that had great careers.

Archived