The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Correct me if I'm wrong..

Type R

Yea I agree for the most part. Except for when you call that our future 2nd line. Wouldn't that be our future first line?? If it's not then benning had better draft them next year lol.

In saying that, it's clear to me that 2015/16 will be a non playoff year. Hamhuis and vrabta will be moved at the dealing fir picks and prospects and the canucks will get a top 5 draft pick in 2016. Depending on the development of our young players, benning will either tap into FA in 2016 or wait 1 more year and go for another top pick in 2017. My guess is that this rebuild can be accomplished in one more.season if benning makes the right trades and signs the right Ufas in.2016.

Folks 'round here would rather wrong you if correct..

Can't see the smoke for the trees; there's a hazy, disgruntled interpretation of every development.

People obsessed with projected floors & ceilings. Who knows, some of these kids may well exceed, & climb like a Giroux or Keith?

At the end of the day, we'll all line up for our junkie's hit, come fall. Slaves to fantasy outcomes, & begging to be kicked up the arse with the proverbial frozen mukluk...

See you all in Oct, & hope things get cooler & comfortable for August...(cue the Johnny Nash)

I can see clearly now, the smog has blown

I can see all obstacles, Nux will face

Gone is the Flames haze now, the wind is strong

Gonna be a bright, bright, new shade of grey

Yea I agree for the most part. Except for when you call that our future 2nd line. Wouldn't that be our future first line?? If it's not then benning had better draft them next year lol.

In saying that, it's clear to me that 2015/16 will be a non playoff year. Hamhuis and vrabta will be moved at the dealing fir picks and prospects and the canucks will get a top 5 draft pick in 2016. Depending on the development of our young players, benning will either tap into FA in 2016 or wait 1 more year and go for another top pick in 2017. My guess is that this rebuild can be accomplished in one more.season if benning makes the right trades and signs the right Ufas in.2016.

You're right, a couple of smart moves could net the Canucks the assets that could turn into a top 5 pick and the stud D man that we're all hoping for. The timing of the initial move (trade deadline) sets up the subsequent move at the draft. Hamhuis and Vrbata for picks, the picks traded up for a high pick.

This doesn't jeopardize the overall plan by gutting the Canucks of veteran role models and players who can maintain a competitive level for the development of young players. And it lands the player that is necessary and otherwise unattainable. Stud D.

Archived