The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Sedins Future...

PhillipBlunt

The Sedins future  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I remember Naslund going to New York in his final years before retirement.

Not saying the Sedin's will, but it's not a stretch of the imagination that they might play for a classic club before retirement.

Even Linden went to the Islanders and Montreal before retiring.

There's more to hockey careers than dollars. At least to some players.

Also look at the odds now that the Rangers are contenders and Coach V's history with them...

Anyways, just a thought.

Love the bros

I remember Naslund going to New York in his final years before retirement.

Not saying the Sedin's will, but it's not a stretch of the imagination that they might play for a classic club before retirement.

Even Linden went to the Islanders and Montreal before retiring.

There's more to hockey careers than dollars. At least to some players.

Also look at the odds now that the Rangers are contenders and Coach V's history with them...

Anyways, just a thought.

Love the bros

Mcfly do you also remember that the Sedin's have a No movement clause? Plus when Naslund went to N.Y he was free agent. Trevor Linden played on some bad Islanders and Canadiens teams. Linden also played the last four years of his career as a Canuck.

That's going to be a tough deal to move two aging players together to a contender. There's no way they go up for being separated. I couldn't imagine being a GM who has room to basically retool a whole line. I get plucking a veteran playoff performer at the trade deadline trying to shoot for a cup it's a ballsy move to take the twins. ......time will tell there is no doubt that offer will be made to them from our club. And if anyone thinks we are getting anything in return settle your horses all we getting is future prospects and some draft picks again.

Blunt, good poll.....I didn't think you had this kind of organization in you. Colour me impressed.

The Sedins will retire as Canucks in 3 years (Cupless) and will walk away as icons of this city. I could also see them leaving a year early IF their play drops to an unacceptable level. They're proud fellas. Until then, I think they're under no illusions about where the team currently stands and harbor no expectations about winning a cup. I think winning a cup is not of real importance to them anymore.

The Sedins real value right now is to mentor the young kids coming up on how to be pros and stay consistent. I am not expecting crazy numbers from them, but during this rebuild their position as team leaders is the most important process. In Edmonton we saw how having no leaders to look up to and relieve pressure really ruined their young players. This should not be the case with us, and is the reason why Benning and Linden keep saying "winning environment". That has to count for something, and makes the Sedins very valuable for us for the next 3 years.

Gotta think as the team nosedives as unintentional tankers, after their contract is up maybe they look for a cup contender. This team is so far from it right now to make the playoffs let alone win a round or even be recognized as a top tier contender.

Listen mangs, we will never get full value for what they are worth, and the fact they make 14 mill combined means we have to take back some salary, probably of some over the hill scrub...I just dont see it happening, and would much rather have us retire their numbers into the rafters as one and only Canucks.

Their style means they can play until 38-39 (much like alfreddson, hopefully without the back issues). Lets keep em and wait for the kids to progress! Contenders 2018 (I expect Apollo to back me on this!)

My crystal ball envisions the Sedin's signing one more contract, for the benefit of the team, to play as the third line on a team led by Jake, Bo and Cassels, much like how Sundin came here and tried to up the compete level here (Apolloo?? lol)

Archived