The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Don Sweeney Show

This guy deserves his own thread. Might as well encapsule all the $&!# he's flinging on one wall. Something tells me the Bruins are in for a long off season

Newest juicy rumour:

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 1m1 minute ago

Another source says Bruins are interested in #Blackhawks winger Bryan Bickell. Hawks would have to retain some salary in a deal there

Past moves.

1. Hamilton for 1st, 2nd, 2nd.

2. Rinaldo for 3rd.

3. Lucic for 1st, Jones.

I didn't think Boston was so bad last season so as to go into full " rebuild mode " and what team going into " full rebuild " does so while moving a 22 yr old key defenseman ?

Not sure what is going on in Boston, They don't need Rinaldo and Bickell lol, they have some young forwards and defense to earn roles this season but don't need to be filling the roster with Rinaldo, Talbot, Bickell, that's a waste of three spots right there lol.

It's obv he doesn't know what he's gonna do next until it happens. If u want to rebuild then rebuild. Move Chara Bergeron and or kreiji. Not your best young player and future franchise d man... he's draft picks were bad except for zabroil. Lucic deal was fine and getting another 1st for jones is a steal.still if I were a.bruins fan I'd be worried. Luckily I hate the Bruins so.hopefully sweeny continues to ruin them

There was probably significant risk for Hamilton getting an offer sheet that the B's weren't going to be willing to match. Compensation likely would have been a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in next years draft. So taking the 1st and 2x2nds in this years draft would seem like the better deal. Can't comment on what they ended up doing with them though.

Slow and methodical rebuild vs aggressive rebuild. Replace rebuild with retool if you want. Sometimes I wish Canuck management was more aggressive instead of being so passive. Hate to say it, Boston may become more relevant in terms of being a contender again faster than the Canucks...gulp.

Seems like some teams are modeling after the New England Patriots. Identify your core players, keep them, turn over anyone else quickly to maximize return before they become too old or require dollars and term to keep in the fold and scour the league for potential reclamation projects that can be had for short term and low dollars.

Boston didn't have a horrible season last year, aside from cap issues I didnt think a full rebuild was in order for them. I'm really flabergasted at the moves they have made thus far. Especially with the picks they made at 13-15, watching it was just plain nuts. I guess we'll have to see how this rebuild goes in Boston. I think its safe to say they are officially out of contention for anything for a few years.

Archived