The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breaking News: See Ya Bieksa!

AboardTheWCE

Dark times are ahead.

Everyones cheering now. But this team just lost all its heart.

This team is going to be bad for a long time. I will be cheering all the way through. Dont get me wrong. But we are going down the Edmonton route now.

We will never be that pathetic now.

Dark times are ahead.

Everyones cheering now. But this team just lost all its heart.

This team is going to be bad for a long time. I will be cheering all the way through. Dont get me wrong. But we are going down the Edmonton route now.

If trading Bieksa means this team lost all its heart, then it was in big trouble in the heart dept. before the trade then too.

What you have to understand is that in moving a team guy like Bieksa just opens up a spot for a fresh, new voice. New leaders emerge when old ones go.

^But we milked the old cow, 'til she was udderly dry.

It's time to move on with new kids, & their respective stories. People wanted Juice kaiboshed about 3~4 summers back(badly), & he bounced back with a great season(paired with Ham). We should just appreciate the decade we had with this incredible personality. He played, fought & bled for the team/city.

Yeah, the old guard came up just a smidgen short..but it's all poetry, just the same.

You guys know that Anaheim's 2nd rounder is essentially like a 3rd rounder, right? It's not gonna be much better than the Lack pick.

Also, since it is 2016's pick we lost a year's of development (compared to the SJ deal).

It's not as good as it looks.

you don't know what the pick will be nobody does

freak injuries and other things could make it a mid or even high 2nd round pick the NHL season is always full of surprises

you don't know what the pick will be nobody does

freak injuries and other things could make it a mid or even high 2nd round pick the NHL season is always full of surprises

Anaheim is a Cup contender. It's gonna be between 50th to 60th. I would be surprised otherwise.

You guys know that Anaheim's 2nd rounder is essentially like a 3rd rounder, right? It's not gonna be much better than the Lack pick.

Also, since it is 2016's pick we lost a year's of development (compared to the SJ deal).

It's not as good as it looks.

So we hang on to him for another year at his salary hit and get nothing in return ?

Kevin Bieksa is one of the top hockey people in the game today. He has so much respect for the game and its history - that's getting rarer and rarer nowadays.

While he was a great guy to the community and his teammates, and is a great hockey guy, this trade is good for all involved:

- Vancouver needs to get younger, faster and have less NTCs. This trade gets them closer to that.

- Bieksa has the heart of a warrior and deserves a chance at winning the Stanley Cup. This trade gets him closer to that.

Best of luck, Kevin! Thanks for everything over the last decade here with the Canucks. Hope you and your family enjoy SoCal.

Think of it as a happy new beginning rather than clinging to what could have been in the past.

Exactly that! Bieksa gets another shot at glory with a strong group in Anaheim, and we get a a decent pick in another strong draft. I've said it once and I will say it again. Change is a constant. This team IS and WILL be moving forward. Playoffs or not, exciting times are ahead.

Too slow.

He does have to lug around 6'5 and 210+ around...if he plays with the fire he had for his hometown like he did with the Giants I'm game. Would help if he was reasonable with his contract to play in front of Mom and Dad

plus they could wrap up 2 2nd's and their 1st and move up or grab a better player, like hamilton....more options....good luck juice.

Just adds more draft day wealth! 2016 we will be the team with the top flight prospects, laughing all the way to the bank! I wish everyone on the cdc could see it this way.

Archived