The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breaking News: See Ya Bieksa!

AboardTheWCE

OMG, if it is true that Benning could have got a second rounder from Sharks next year (only radio news so who knows if that was true) and that is why I said IF it is true, then this move was beyond dumb.

Why do I say that? Well Ducks will finish really high probably so a second rounder from the Ducks will be near the end of the second round. With the Sharks, who never win anything, a second rounder would have been near the beginning of the second round.

OMG, I cannot believe what is happening? NIGHTMARE, absolute NIGHTMARE . . .

Tutoring down the Sharks offer was the best move, they pulled switch around at the end and wanted to pull one over on us at the last second.

That offer was gone and now Benning is looking at next year. I like the trade but will miss the big guy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3WeW9EUd9I

Good luck Kevin, will miss your interviews and stuff... Yeah.... Oh and thanks for helping bring the Canucks to the finals, your community work, and overall work with the organization.

Didnt want the ducks to win the cup because of Maroon and Perry.... Now that changes with Kesler, Bieksa, and potentially Ritchie and Theodore on the team.

Bieksa okay, but the rest?!...come on!...especially Kesler

This is great news. Loved his time with the team but it isn't 2011 anymore. He was no where near his contract price. The return is just fine with all things considered. Most importantly someone younger can have a chance to develop. Really hoping Corrado gets that chance.

Now I really have to chear for the Ducks to win the cup. Gross.

Bieksa was my favourite Canuck from this era, so I hope he can end his career in style. Already eying tickets for his first game back in town.

Clendenning was very good for the Comets during their run. Corrado have a tough year but he also was terrific in the playoffs from the limited action I saw. Biega did not look out of place while he was up last season. Lots of guys to fill spots.

We're still missing a true PP QB, but I don't think our D is as horrible as some think it is.

I'd agree with you if they didn't have Kessler and gets-laugh, I could never cheer for the ducks... Sad because I like bieksa

This team has a issue with waiting too long before shipping players out, which lowers the players value. Now I hope they get it right with Vrbata, Hamuis and Higgins. This years deadline will show us what this teams about. Also, I hope Benning doesn't over pay any player a huge contract, we got young guys ready to fill in the holes. Furthermore, don't resign Weber!

Gonna be interesting to watch the Ducks this season. Not just because of Bieksa but because of Hagelin and potentially Theodore and my favorite non Canucks prospect Ritchie being on the team.

Games against LA will be fun to watch.

My favorite Nuck...Wish he had retired a nuck. Hope to see him back in a front office capacity some day.

Good Luck Juice...Hope ya win a cup.

Sad day brother, but you're going to a much bigger, better, more balanced team!!!!

Go Ducks!!!

Typical modern era fan, saying "Nuck". Spotpicker won't be missed until he drops the gloves with Tanev and continues his alleged tough guy mantra. Hold bass solo.

I really never cared a lot for Bieksa. I'm a long term fan on CDC and the whole time I've never really been on his bandwagon. He was too soft on the puck exiting the zone and He was a liability on defence when it counts, but that was offset by his value in offence when the Canucks were at their prime a few years back. Good luck to Kevin in Anahiem hopefully he gets what he's looking for and good in the Canucks to start building a team with a real future.

Archived