The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Possible Candidates for the "A"?

Odd.

The "A"?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So now that Bieksa's gone to Anaheim, he leaves behind his "A". Pretty straightforward question. Which player do you guys want the "A" being handed over to?

I'm going with Bo Horvat/Alex Edler/Alex Burrows as possible candidates for the "A".

Poll away.

I know a lot of people are going to say Horvat but there is a lot more deserving guys then him.

1. Edler ( Vetran, been apart of the team for a long time, experienced, and our number 1 dman )

2. Hamhuis ( Same reasons as edler, plus he is a very good leader )

3. Burrows ( No explanation needed )

I know a lot of people are going to say Horvat but there is a lot more deserving guys then him.

1. Edler ( Vetran, been apart of the team for a long time, experienced, and our number 1 dman )

Pretty much the general consensus. Obviously Burrows for me would also be a fantastic option. Basically those guys you and I have mentioned are my front runners.

I agree. Horvat does not need that pressure yet. Let him develop his game first.

Why not?

His reputation around the league, whether it be hair pulling, finger biting, or kneeing someone in the groin, isn't exactly flattering.

You can say reputation doesn't matter, but when a ref looks over and sees "Burrows" instead of another name, that is likely a penalty.

Horvat. The glut of young players that are going to start braking into the lineup are going to need a voice. Horvat should be that voice IMHO. The kid is a natural leader. He gives it his all every shift and is a pretty good bet to be the next captain of this team. I'd break him into a leadership role right now. He can learn from Hank, Danny, Burr, Hammer and the other leaders on this team, while being the guy to represent the next wave of Canucks going forward.

Archived