Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odd.

[Poll] Possible Candidates for the "A"?

The "A"?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hamhuis should be traded. this team needs a new identity giving the role to the same OLD guys just perpetuates the problems with this club.

Horvat makes sense he's a natural leader and this just gives him more confidence moving forward.

Tanev. He's calm, cool and great in the looker room. Longest contract on the team too.

You mean Mr. Rogers

Hamhuis.

Can't wait for the possible candidates for the "D" thread.

What?

Hamhuis for me.

Wouldn't have any problems if we did wanted to have younger guys with the leadership role. Horvat another good option.

Hamhuis. Great reputation, long-time team member, top defender on this team, and experience with Canada at the Olympics. No-brainer for me.

Holy crow who is voting Sbisa? Apollo?

I voted Hammer, he's the most logical, he's been around a long time, is well respected around the league, has played for the team in the cup finals as well as represented Canada at the Olympics, so he has a solid resume with big game experience.

Burrows would certainly make sense within the team, and has been a Canuck since entering the league, but unfortunately he has built himself a bad reputation with refs, which ultimately would likely hurt the team when the time comes to argue a call or non call.

Horvat is a little green yet, we don't really know his personality type, and he's just plain to young. Certainly down the line I can see him being A or even C material, but I'm not a big fan of putting letters on young guys, regardless of skill. Even guys like Crosby and Toews I felt got awarded their letters too early. I think it's too much undue pressure for a young guy. Better to just let him continue to develop and master the game, rather then have to worry about yapping with the refs and the other teams captains over questionable plays/calls or non calls.

I feel like we need a veteran mentor on defense and it should be Hamhuis. With the Sedins up top and Hammer in the back, we've got a pretty good mentorship group. Everybody else should be expendable.

With that being said, Sbisa is clearly the way to go guys. Calm steady presence, real good defensively... :bigblush:

LOL great comparison there, bud

I realize it's different. Pineapples was using age as a reason to not give Horvat the A.

Who decides on the A? The coach? If it is the coach, this is a no brainer....

Linden Vey

Please. It's Linden Bae.

Hammer, he had it when Juice was out. Pretty easy decision.

Lol, kassian on the poll.... And he got two votes.

I'm not so sure it really matters all that much. I think this franchise has been void of REAL leadership since Linden retired. Giving it to Horvat with an eye towards the future I suppose makes sense, but, I still think giving an "A" to whomever is still around now won't make THAT much difference until the "C" changes hands in a few years.

I really don't want Burr wearing a letter on this team.

Hamhuis.

You must've just started paying attention to canucks hockey. Burrows has been a monumental player, antagonizer, goal scorer, top line shut down guy and all around he is a great two way player. A role model.

Bartkowski and Kassian should get the 'A'...

I don't want to live in a world where bieksa isn't an A on this team =(

That being said there's 3 guys that can do it admirably

I voted Burr, but I'd be fine with either Hamhuis or Edler.