The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks extend Juice

He'll need it for that real estate market.

Are you kidding? He's coming from Vancouver, the most expensive real estate in North America. Top 5 in the world. Anaheim isn't even close to Vancouver. Bieksa will be able to sell his Van home and put a million in his pocket. Not even close!

Sucks to lose Bieksa. One of only a few and heart and soul players on the current Canucks team. My men's beer league team could push the current Canucks team around.

Awesome terms for Juice, including the NMC.

Anaheim showed him the money - and paid a 2nd for him.

Obviously they value him highly - and he'll have a shot to contend with them.

Perhaps the best of all circumstances unfolded here.

I also think Anaheim's up-tempo, physical style will suit him and may be the ideal place for him to get his game back, with some great depth to play with.

Good. We couldn't give Juice that contract and a genuine shot at a cup. Anaheim can and in a decent 5/6 role so he can be optimized on the ice to his abilities.

I hate the fact we traded him in the division for only a 2nd. Like REALLY hate it. Benning makes me more and more nervous with his asset management, but there was little else he could do I guess.

Still sad Bieksa is gone even if it is for the best. But with the way our team is trending and where we all know the Ducks are. I hope Bieksa and Kesler kick a hole in the west and win their cup.

They deserve it.

See you back in a Nucks uniform in a few years Boom Boom for a retirement contract

I agree that some people around here will learn a few things. You don't know what you've got until it's gone.

And SMH at the amateur Capologists. What makes people think that they are the arbiter of a player's worth, just because they watch the Canucks on a regular basis? Don't you think the Ducks have done their due diligence on Juice? They have access to film and the same advanced stats that everyone else has...

Good. We couldn't give Juice that contract and a genuine shot at a cup. Anaheim can and in a decent 5/6 role so he can be optimized on the ice to his abilities.

I hate the fact we traded him in the division for only a 2nd. Like REALLY hate it. Benning makes me more and more nervous with his asset management, but there was little else he could do I guess.

Still sad Bieksa is gone even if it is for the best. But with the way our team is trending and where we all know the Ducks are. I hope Bieksa and Kesler kick a hole in the west and win their cup.

They deserve it.

See you back in a Nucks uniform in a few years Boom Boom for a retirement contract

I'm glad to see some level heads that don't simply buy into the hype and momentum and understand the significance in losing a guy like Bieksa. The people who call veterans old and slow who by way of that assume all young players will be speedy studs.

I can do nothing but cheer for him as he moves forward. And I will. Go get a cup, Juice...you certainly deserve one

sure would have loved to see the pick be conitional, with an extension it gets bumped to a 1st or we get another pick.

Thats only smart dont ya think, 3 years of juice for a late 2nd... goes with the kassian for an older less productive ufa in a year prust....

I'm glad to see some level heads that don't simply buy into the hype and momentum and understand the significance in losing a guy like Bieksa. The people who call veterans old and slow who by way of that assume all young players will be speedy studs.

I can do nothing but cheer for him as he moves forward. And I will. Go get a cup, Juice...you certainly deserve one

No, we just understand that at some point there needs to be a changing of the guard, for the sake of the team and for the player. NHL is full on a young man's league now. Have to bite the bullet. And typically yes, young players will be faster and have more energy than older players. Anaheim is ready to compete for the cup, so a vet like KB is huge for them. Canucks are ready to let young guys step in, so that roster space and that pick is huge for us.

Bieksa's intangibles can be replaced. People are acting like he is some superhero who we will never see the likes of again. Great guy, but we just brought in another hugely great team guy in Prust. It's transition time.

Much love for Bieksa, Canucks did right by him.

Good price for a vet. He has it all if ya really think about it. Playoff experience (including a cup run), multiple 30 point seasons, fights and hits consistently throughout his career, known mean streak around the NHL (say what you want, but intimidation is still a factor). Even if he doesn't skate particularly well, he does stay relatively well positioned (so long as it's not on the rush) and is a big net presence on defence. He'll slot in nicely on that Ducks team.

And our time isn't now anymore and likely won't be while Bieksa is in the NHL.

This trade is fair for both sides.

He may make questionable trade calls, but we hired Mr. Jim Benning for his drafting, and this is going to be a long term project to make the Canucks successful for years. We've enjoyed a few years of success, which most teams don't even get aside from a select elite (see Chicago). We now need to build a foundation that will continue to be fruitful for hopefully decades (see Detroit).

Archived