The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Hawks extend Anisimov 5 years

@DarrenDreger:

Anisimov extension with the Hawks. 5 yrs. $22.75 mil total.

@reporterchris:

Artem Anisimov's five-year extension with #blackhawks carries a $4.55M AAV. Kicks in next summer.

...where does Chicago keep getting the space to do these deals :lol:

They're playing the lottery with this extension hoping their best players make him a better player as well which may or may not happen. On their own, his stats don't warrent this type of money IMO. Future trade bait or buyout?

If the Blackhawks move Bickell, that will help to free up space next year to absorb the extension. Not sure who else may be moved or not extended.

Bickel must be their priority to move out. Boston are interested in him for some reason and his 4 million cap hit..

Anisimov for $4.55m is not a sensible deal for Chicago. $4m would be more palatable, $3.75m better, but this? Seems too much for what they're getting. He's no Antoine Vermette.

Anisimov for $4.55m is not a sensible deal for Chicago. $4m would be more palatable, $3.75m better, but this? Seems too much for what they're getting. He's no Antoine Vermette.

Your right. He's cheaper, younger, bigger and a better fit.

Really? I don't understand this.

Saad is 5 years younger and probably would have done a similar deal would he have not? Unless this is about replenishing their prospect pipeline instead.

I think Saad was looking for similar term but $6.5 million/yr.

I don't have a source but I remember reading that somewhere.

Really? I don't understand this.

Saad is 5 years younger and probably would have done a similar deal would he have not? Unless this is about replenishing their prospect pipeline instead.

it was more them not feeling that Saad is worth 6.5

Archived