The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ribeiro back with Preds, 2 yrs.

He may have signed for two years, but he'll always be a predator.

Well played.

In relation to this, it actually bothers me that the Preds, or any team for that matter, would sign someone like Ribeiro when he has one of the worst off-ice PR issues going on ATM. It is really disturbing what he's going through right now.

Well played.

In relation to this, it actually bothers me that the Preds, or any team for that matter, would sign someone like Ribeiro when he has one of the worst off-ice PR issues going on ATM. It is really disturbing what he's going through right now.

And this is probably one of the reason why I would think many teams wouldn't want him back. He's always causing unwanted distractions and is a pain in the butt at times.

What issues does he have?

Substance abuse, sexual assault against a nanny just out of high school (thus far just an allegation, but it is proceeding in court), and domestic issues. Regarding the latter, I could be wrong, but I believe he was involved in a pretty heated verbal argument with his wife in a restaurant, but I don't know if it escalated beyond that.

Substance abuse, sexual assault against a nanny just out of high school (thus far just an allegation, but it is proceeding in court), and domestic issues. Regarding the latter, I could be wrong, but I believe he was involved in a pretty heated verbal argument with his wife in a restaurant, but I don't know if it escalated beyond that.

Oh wow. That sucks because he's a really good hockey player on the ice.

Oh wow. That sucks because he's a really good hockey player on the ice.

He was flat out invisible against the Hawks in the first round this past spring and even taunted THEM at one point. He has always been a weasel. Every year I worry the Canucks will sign him and every year I am relieved they don't. This guy is an idiot.

Archived