The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Yannick Weber

So with Tanev's likely departure does this mean Weber will be a top pairing guy? Yikes...

Edler Weber

Hamhuis Corrado

Sbisa Clendening

I really hope Miller has the best season of his career...

NO!NO!NO!NO!!!!!!!! He brings absolutely NOTHING to the table. The sad thing is that I see what Benning is doing and I do not like what I am seeing.

Dorsett! Sbisa! Markstrom! Now Weber! SAD SAD day in Canuckville.

If there are no major free agent signings today the writing is on the wall and Bennings intentions will be painstakingly obvious.

He's far better defensively than you'd think if you listened to folks in here.

He is very good at picking his spots / timing when to be aggressive, is mobile and maintains good positioning.

He's an intelligent player with more upside than is reflected in his 1.5 million cap hit.

I assumed he'd want more - and could probably command more in the open market.

I appreciate that he came back and accepted a moderate raise.

He was a +4 on the season which means he produced more goals than let in... He also was our only PP point producing d-man which don't count to the +/- totals.

Essentially he becomes our insurance in case Corrado / Clendenning can't play regular minutes.

I wasn't aware that you only received + when you're the one producing points.

So with Tanev's likely departure does this mean Weber will be a top pairing guy? Yikes...

Edler Weber

Hamhuis Corrado

Sbisa Clendening

I really hope Miller has the best season of his career...

Say what? Tanev is now a top pairing D on our club, like it or not. His departure would be a pretty big surprise.

Man everybody talks like this Is a crippling signing. We know he's not great at defensive coverage, but for 1.5 million, what do you expect? I really dislike the majority of canuck fans, bunch of whiny know it alls.

We already know this is gonna be another transitional year, what do you want 1 year 1.5 million or Mike green for 6+ and 5+ years.

I know, right? Like... howe bad could this possibly be for us? He's benched? He's played because he's our best option?

We aren't a contender... we are hoping to compete for a playoff spot. People need to focus on the bolded words.

And most of the complainers will also be the same people that say they would hang around for a rebuild...... :frantic: It takes time.

Actually the more I think about this signing the more I can accept it. He can act like Alberts did a few years back. Fairly cheap and can move in and out of the lineup. Plus I think he is better than Alberts.

So we have the smallest D unit in the league now. I'm pretty sure of that without doing any research.

Well we have Sbisa, but he has no meanstreak in him and he has not hit anybody since he received the new contract. :lol:::D

NO!NO!NO!NO!!!!!!!! He brings absolutely NOTHING to the table. The sad thing is that I see what Benning is doing and I do not like what I am seeing.

Dorsett! Sbisa! Markstrom! Now Weber! SAD SAD day in Canuckville.

If there are no major free agent signings today the writing is on the wall and Bennings intentions will be painstakingly obvious.

Nothing to the table?? 11 goals for a guy making 1.5 is nothing to the table?

Actually the more I think about this signing the more I can accept it. He can act like Alberts did a few years back. Fairly cheap and can move in and out of the lineup. Plus I think he is better than Alberts.

Where is Alberts now...........Where Weber should be.

Interesting that he's our only deal thus far

I wonder if this is our mobile puck moving defenceman that GMJB wanted

Nothing to the table?? 11 goals for a guy making 1.5 is nothing to the table?

Getting bounced around by the lowly Flames in the playoffs and inaffective on the PP. Let one of the young guys play and get rid of this guy.

Good deal & only 1 year...anyone who thinks Weber isn't worth 1.5M is out to lunch, and for all those worried about playing time for the young guys? Injuries, injuries, injuries, cuz' when was the last time the Canuck D didn't take a beating during the regular season?

Added bonus, if Weber performs well during the season then he can be flipped for picks at the deadline to a Cup contender looking for a bit more offence on the D.

Archived