The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Phil Kessel to Penguins

Nice trade for the pens. Didn't give up that much probably cause of kessel's caphit but this makes the pens a lot better. People talk about pens needing defense but they had so many dmen injured last year. Their main problem last year was their scoring . As unbelievable as it sounds I think the pens were one of the lowest scoring teams last year from December on. They couldn't score a damn down the stretch or in the playoffs.

Other than Kapenen, it's a steal of a deal. Annnn the Laffs retained over 2 mill.

Harrington is a good young D prospect and a 1st to boot.

I'd have jumped at that offer and never looked back.

Good recovery for the Leafs from a horrible decision not to deal him before the re-up.

I really like what Hunter and the analytics guru are doing in Toronto.

Looking at the Leafs prospect pipeline now, it actually now looks really good. Dare I say better than ours. And they've done it in a short period of time.

Imagine that, you actually can get a very good return for core players. Who would've thunk it.

Nice trade for the pens. Didn't give up that much probably cause of kessel's caphit but this makes the pens a lot better. People talk about pens needing defense but they had so many dmen injured last year. Their main problem last year was their scoring . As unbelievable as it sounds I think the pens were one of the lowest scoring teams last year from December on. They couldn't score a damn down the stretch or in the playoffs.

Martin gone.

Ehrhoff gone,

Dealt Depres in an absolutely horrible, head scratcher of a deal.

Gave up Harrington, a good prospect, in this deal.

Have 2.75 million in cap, only 10 forwards signed, no backup signed and 6 D, a couple of them youngsters,

Same old Penguins.

TO eating 15% of Phil's cap for the remainder of his contract. That's $1.2m for 8 years :lol:

Wow... If you ask me penguins win this trade by miles and miles. I'm shocked Leafs had to retain cap at such a low price.

I really like what Dale Hunter and the analytics guru are doing in Toronto.

Looking at the Leafs prospect pipeline now, it actually now looks really good. Dare I say better than ours. And they've done it in a short period of time.

Imagine that, you actually can get a very good return for core players. Who would've thunk it.

When you hardly make the playoffs, of course your prospect pipeline looks good. Pick any team, let's say Columbus, their prospect pipeline looks good too.

Sad to see Phil go but I love the move.

I was shocked Kapanen fell to where he did in 2014, love his skill.

Harrington can probably play next year, he's young with so-so potential.

If the pick is a 1st I'm happy.

Archived