The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Matt Bartkowski

A 1 yr. deal is tolerable. With all the cap we clear next year, we'll be in a position to begin the extreme makeover we need on D. Next year is going to be interesting though, and not necessarily in a very good way.

That.. All these one year deals line up with the Sedins contract and expect a fire sale this trade deadline for an extreme makeover end of season

What about Clendening? Corrado? How are they going to make the team? Please explain to me how this is a good move? Instead of bringing in young guys that can grow, we bring in mediocrity. How can you possibly be ok with this move? Bruins fans are so excited that he's gone.

You need 8 D with the way our defenders go down. They'll get their shot if they deserve it

I'm actually okay with this. Bartkowski is fairly young and cheap.

He doesn't really solve the problem of the hole in the top four, so he'll be a complimentary piece...and I have to assume that JB and TL have some plan in mind to address the severe lack of grit on the back end.

When Edler and Sbisa are your grit.....ouch...

Don't really get the 1 yr term, though. :unsure:

I'd rather have given Stanton $1 mill.

Hahaha...TSN says Bartkowski is still available.

It's just going to be Kessel talk for the next 2 hours

You need 8 D with the way our defenders go down. They'll get their shot if they deserve it

Bartkowski will be the next Aaron Rome. He will play no matter how bad he plays, or no matter how good Clendening/Corrado plays. I can feel it. Again doesn't make any sense, even though i saw this coming. Bartkowski isn't going to get better.

Archived