The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Richard Bachman

One of Bennings best signings today. Utica had an awesome season last year, largely due to great goal tending, this signing keeps them very solid at the back and will allow the team to remain very competitive. Just great news for the Canucks prospects.

The Utica fans must be stoked about this!

Even if Jacob is slated to be on the team, he'll have to outplay Bachman at camp. Great stuff!

This. He has roughly the same # of NHL starts (with a lousier team) and has waaaaay better numbers than Marky. OOps, but he's 27 so I guess, like Lack, he's too old for the Canucks.

Seriously this is a terrific signing because it suggests to me that Marky will have to earn his backup job this year. If he continues to post bad numbers and Bachman plays terrific then we can risk Marky on waivers. Smart signing.

Even if Jacob is slated to be on the team, he'll have to outplay Bachman at camp. Great stuff!

Well, seeing how Jacob DID outplay Bachman in Utica's victory over the Barons, my money is on Markstrom.

Apparently Bachman is small, but lightning quick. Re-incarnation of Curtis Sanford? Anyways, a good signing for organizational depth...and apparently Willie is familiar with him during his days with the Dallas/Texas Stars.

Archived