The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Red Wings sign Mike Green

Hmmm, interesting, part of me was really hoping the Oilers would pick him up as well. Well, the Red Wings are one of the very few teams in the league who I absolutely despise. I like Mike Green, but I hate the Wings, while I think he likely will have a little bit of a resurgence in Detroit, I don't think the Wings as a team can hold a candle to the top 8 teams in the east, they will be lucky if they can squeek into the playoffs one more year.

We have $4.5m to sign Baerstchi, Clendenning, Corrado, Grenier, and a possible roster spot for Virtanen. Safe to say that's it unless we traded Higgins/Hansen.

Virtanen ans Baerstchi are the only ones that should be signed. Care less about the others

Hmmm, interesting, part of me was really hoping the Oilers would pick him up as well. Well, the Red Wings are one of the very few teams in the league who I absolutely despise. I like Mike Green, but I hate the Wings, while I think he likely will have a little bit of a resurgence in Detroit, I don't think the Wings as a team can hold a candle to the top 8 teams in the east, they will be lucky if they can squeek into the playoffs one more year.

I wouldn't be so fast with that kind of wishful thinking where their decline is concerned. I'm guessing you haven't had a good look at the prospects they have coming down the pipeline (as usual). A Calder Cup a couple season's ago - and a very good deal of youth depth still in their system.

Larkin, Mantha, Sproul, Pukkinen, Hicketts, Athanasiou, Mrazek, Ouellet, Bertuzzi, Marchenko, Tvrdon - they have some decent talent to look forward to - and their roster is certainly still competitive.

Damn, I wish it was here. $2m for the puck moving Dman this team has been missing since Ehroff left would have been an amazing use of cap space. Jealous of the Wings yet again.

It's actually 6 million per for 3 years. So it's not 2 million for green.

Archived