The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are we in full rebuild. Or just clueless?

nitti999

I do not believe JIm Benning or Trevor Linden truly had a plan when it comes to this hockey team. They seem to be now scrambling to make decisions that don't really add up to a direction either.

Some may argue that they are planning a rebuild and unloading contracts for the future. And bringing in the young players to develop. If so.....

Why sign Miller to a 3 year 6 mil contract only to trade a young semi proven goalie and fan favorite in Lack To mentor Markstrom? Seriously Markstrom hasn't proven a thing at the Nhl level and was on the way out the door last year

Why trade Kassian for a 31 year old player?
Why sign Vrbata? He's not young and will be gone next year
Why keep the Sedins to age at 7mil cap space.

Why? Why? Why?

What has the regime done to improve this team moving forward. Sure he drafted Virtanen and couple other potentials. But so did every other team in the league.

Sad days for Canucks nation. At least we are having great weather

"If tomorrow I tell the press that I'm going to trade Bieksa, who played his heart out for the team, nobody panics, because it's all part of the plan. But when I say that one back-up goalie will be traded..then everyone loses their mind!!"

- GM J.Benning

He's an agent of chaos, I'm sure of it now. "Just look what I did to this city with a few contradictions and some awful asset management."

I do not believe JIm Benning or Trevor Linden truly had a plan when it comes to this hockey team.

That's right, they're just winging it.

:picard:

At least we are having great weather

Right, and you and the other Nellies need to put the mouse down, and go outside and play.

Last year was bad but these types of threads are going to be endless this summer. Hopefully the mods take control and combine them into one big pity party for them to wallow in while the rest of us talk hockey.

elaborate, you seem to be more of the idiot with zero explanation

You didn't really have an explanation either. Just ranting. That's not explanation.

And just to explain it...

Vrbata and Miller were more of bridge contracts. That's how i see it anyways.

Sedins are not going anywhere.

That's right, they're just winging it.

:picard:

Right, and you and the other Nellies need to put the mouse down, and go outside and play.

Last year was bad but these types of threads are going to be endless this summer. Hopefully the mods take control and combine them into one big pity party for them to wallow in while the rest of us talk hockey.

I have to wonder what types of thread would pop up if we were tanking.

I have to wonder what types of thread would pop up if we were tanking.

Tanking would be fine. It's the constant contradictions, "oh we're competitive and making the playoffs every year", "oh now we're in a transition year", "oh we're getting younger".

And then managing our assets in a completely counter intuitive manner to the latest "plan". At least tanking would be a direction, one with light at the end of a tunnel. Even if it was a long tunnel.

This is just directionless contradictions.

If we tanked with a perpose and were getting good return on our moves , I think u would be surprised

I'm not sure if the fans in this city can handle it. But that's just me. But you could be right.

Tanking would be fine. It's the constant contradictions, "oh we're competitive and making the playoffs every year", "oh now we're in a transition year", "oh we're getting younger".

And then managing our assets in a completely counter intuitive manner. At least tanking would be a direction, one with light at the end of a tunnel. Even if it was a long tunnel.

This is just directionless contradictions.

I think they're trying to do both, like fazing in that direction. But i don't really know what they're thinking behind close doors. That's just what it seems like to me.

Archived