The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Capitals sign Justin Williams

Speaking of Joel Ward, has he signed anywhere yet? I'd love to see him here.

Ward is exactly the type of player the Canucks need. I won't argue that one. Williams is pure money in the playoffs, mediocre in the regular season. Ovechkin will be happy to have someone on his side who can score key goals in the post season for a change.

Ward is exactly the type of player the Canucks need. I won't argue that one. Williams is pure money in the playoffs, mediocre in the regular season. Ovechkin will be happy to have someone on his side who can score key goals in the post season for a change.

Apparently he wants a 4 year deal @ 3mil plus. He's 34 and starting to decline. I'd love to have him sign here, but not at that term and price. 2 years @ 3.25 should be the most he should get.

no more vrbata at deadline

This I truly hope Canucks can get a first round pick in this years draft for either Vrbata or Hamhuis at the deadline.

Hopefully Higgins is cleared out too. He is long overdue to be moved as well would give him away for a 5th rounder.

Also with Benning clearing cap seems like he is gonna make a big run at signing Lucic and trying to appease the fanbase of getting the local kid while the Canucks continue their slow retool.

Apparently he wants a 4 year deal @ 3mil plus. He's 34 and starting to decline. I'd love to have him sign here, but not at that term and price. 2 years @ 3.25 should be the most he should get.

A contender will give it to him. Maybe Nashville takes him back.

Archived