The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Retirement] Martin St. Louis retires from the NHL

Still unimpressed with how he handled being cut from Team Canada

i agree... he lost alot of respect for that..

what a trade by tampa....

my thoughts exactly...i thought he felt too entitled to the position on being on Team Canada...forcing Yzerman's hand after Stamkos got injured.

Definitely a bad moment in his career, but it is what it is. Tampa Bay took full advantage of his disgruntled manner and that's part of the hockey business.

However, thanks to MSL for the awesome memories throughout his 16 year NHL career. Was an inspiration for a lot of fans for making his mark in the league from being an undrafted long-shot to Cup champion and more. B)

I know right there were better candidates than him that should have been on team canada and then for him to bascailly bail on tampa even after yzerman picked him for an injury replacement it was just a really cry baby move.

Marty was an amazing player and Stamkos and himself weres nubbed from the olympic team in 2010. In 2010 him and Stamkos played all 82 games and finished 5th and 6th in scoring with Marty as the lady byng winner and stamkos sharing the richard with crosby.

You do not know what else happened behind the scenes between Marty and Yzerman, they guy played like a champ, anyone who loses respect for him because he voiced his opinion after a long build up should just get over it.

One of the greatest hockey stories is his succesfull career. Undersized undrafted and came into the league in the old nhl.. Guys a legend in my books.

#dontbadtalkmarty

Marty was an amazing player and Stamkos and himself weres nubbed from the olympic team in 2010. In 2010 him and Stamkos played all 82 games and finished 5th and 6th in scoring with Marty as the lady byng winner and stamkos sharing the richard with crosby.

You do not know what else happened behind the scenes between Marty and Yzerman, they guy played like a champ, anyone who loses respect for him because he voiced his opinion after a long build up should just get over it.

One of the greatest hockey stories is his succesfull career. Undersized undrafted and came into the league in the old nhl.. Guys a legend in my books.

#dontbadtalkmarty

Undrafted 5'7'' guy goes on to win a Stanley Cup, league MVP's, scoring titles including one where he was past 35, Olympic gold...

He is an amazing story. He is also the story of a guy ''who did it my way'' when everyone wanted to turn him into a checker to break in to the league.

Spat with Stevie? I'll get over it. How many top athletes have moments where they push their personality into what they want? Its part of what makes some great performers successful.

First ballot HHOF?

Archived