The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bartkowski's HERO chart

TheRussianRocket.

Lining up the next "hate project" This place makes me sick.

Support the f----- players and get behind the team. It's a novel approach for some of you I agree but you might find your life becoming happier because of it.

wtf? First of all, I don't "hate" Sbisa, I've never met him and from what I've seen he seems like a nice guy. However, his job is to be an NHL defenseman and the reason he's paid so much (relative to other salaries in other fields) is because people are interested enough to pay a lot to watch NHL games, so he's expected to deliver a good product (which for most fans is to help the team win). Sbisa often fails to do that, because relative to the NHL he's a liability a large chunk of the time. So it's not a "hate project" (whatever the hell that is). Second, considering you don't know me or most of the people here that criticize Sbisa, you don't have to try and be a life coach.

Meh. You never know, he might work out. Advanced stats aren't the best indicator for defensemen when they go to a new team, as their defense partner will influence how he plays.

I'm looking forward to some fresh faces on this squad, and I have a feeling they will be dealing with some adversity this year, and that builds character.

Bartkowski is here for one reason: bottom pairing depth. Injuries are a huge part, and he is a low cost fill in. That being said, Edlerberry's graph on Spizza really shows that this team has no clue what constitutes a decent NHL d-man. IMO I thought Stanton was decent for a depth guy and could have been had for cheap, but instead we overpay for Sbisa and Bartkowski. I dont care if he has 0 goals, compare that to Hammer who has 1 in the past 2 years lol. As long as he can play D and not pass the puck up the middle to the other team, i am happy.

I thought Bartkowski had a good start to his Bruins career, but quickly got passed up on the depth chart. Lets hope he is not another spizza in disguise.

Archived