The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks prospect camp roster

TheRussianRocket.

It could be worth signing John McLean to a two year entry deal or to a Utica contract. He'd be a good option as the starter in Kalamazoo and could back up either Bachman or Cannata, in the event either Markstrom or Miller goes down with injury. Sure, McLean is older but it's hard not to take a chance on a goalie who is 6'9". Also, I'm hoping that Curtis Valk finally gets the entry deal he should've gotten last year. I really feel like he could be an NHLer in the next few years.

I didn't realize McEneny was that big -- he's the same size as Stewart, and that's Kassian-size. Skates well and has good offensive instincts; will be interesting to see how he does.

Virtanen's up to 212, but Jasek listed at just 165. Odd, because in his recent interview he said he was up to 194. Maybe this is going by their last-published numbers, would be good to get an update at camp.

I didn't realize McEneny was that big -- he's the same size as Stewart, and that's Kassian-size. Skates well and has good offensive instincts; will be interesting to see how he does.

Virtanen's up to 212, but Jasek listed at just 165. Odd, because in his recent interview he said he was up to 194. Maybe this is going by their last-published numbers, would be good to get an update at camp.

Dang Virtanen is @ 212? Awesome.

what about the 25 year old 6'9 goalie lol.

John McLean - 6'9" Goalie? Nice

Guy was a beast in the die hard movies

6 foot 9 John McLean.

Yippie kayeh mother fracker.

OH MY GOODNESS

MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE

john-mcclane-die-hard-poster_100315402_m

Holy sh*t the goalie is huge

Can he play D?? :bigblush:

https://twitter.com/HalfordPHT/status/616685530567344128

and then

Nobody is looking forward to seeing this prospect John McLean?? He's 6' 9"????

:picard:

Like Silly Goose I'm anxious to see Curtis Valk again?

I loved his play last year and thought he had real potential. Unfortunately he is very small but he doesn't let that hold him back.

Same thing people were saying about Marty St. Louis, Theo Fleury, Tyler Johnson, Johnny Gaudreau...hopefully the Canucks sign Valk to an NHL contract this season.

Hopefully Whistle gets invited to Young Stars Tourney and plays well enough to earn an ELC...would add youthful depth to goaltending.

He too (Fox) had a full year of pro Hockey in the ECHL and he is about 22 now, Valk was injured most of the year so they are putting him in early to get him going again. The tourney is for young prospects that the Canucks management can't get to see much any other way.

So who's on your "just watch" list this year, Mr. Horvat Prognosticator?

Same thing people were saying about Marty St. Louis, Theo Fleury, Tyler Johnson, Johnny Gaudreau...hopefully the Canucks sign Valk to an NHL contract this season.

Valk has looked good and produced points at pretty much every level of competition he's faced so far. PPG with the Wings as a rookie, hopefully he makes the Comets this year and we'll see if he's got a serious shot at going further. Chances have improved with the departure of O'Reilly.

What was mccan earlier this year? Says he's 174 atm I thought he was 175 at the start of the season? Maybe stats are out of date.

RE:

Ok so ohl site says he's 185 and this says he's 174. Curious what his real weight is now. I know he was sent off from utica early to weight train. Curious what he is now.

Demko will be at the camp, but won't be participating in on-ice events due to him still rehabing/recovering from hip surgery. The roster was posted in the prospects camp thread here: http://forum.canucks.com/topic/369529-prospects-camp-july-3-9-to-be-held-in-shawnigan-lake-this-year/?p=12858099

What I'm really looking forward to is the young stars tournament. There we will not only see the likes of Cassels, McCann, Boeser, Subban etc, but also Shinkaruk, Virtanen, Horvat and the like.

[/quote

Shink neither

McLean finished a career in the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conf. He had good stats in that league, I guess we know where the Canucks' scouts have been hiding all year.

Archived