The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks prospect camp roster

TheRussianRocket.

Horvat won't be in the young stars tourney, I don't think Shinkaruk would be there either, they have both played a year of pro hockey so I can't imagine them being included.

I think Shinkaruk will be there. Jensen and Corrado played last year after a full season in the pros with the Comets and the Canucks.

What was mccan earlier this year? Says he's 174 atm I thought he was 175 at the start of the season? Maybe stats are out of date.

RE:

Ok so ohl site says he's 185 and this says he's 174. Curious what his real weight is now. I know he was sent off from utica early to weight train. Curious what he is now.

Keep in mind Rush17 , McCann was sick with Mono last year in training camp before he was sent back to the OHL.

Doubt it. He just went through a long playoff run and he's not really going to gain from the experience anyhow. He needs to rest up for main camp in sept

How can you say he won't gain anything from a tournament like this? A 20 year old kid can get a lot more out of this than a skate around in his hometown. He'll have had the entire summer to rest up as well. If I had to guess Shinkaruk will be at the tourney.

2015 Young Stars Classic

The Canucks YoungStars Classic will take place Friday, September 11 – Monday, September 14, 2015 in Penticton BC’s beautiful state-of-the-art South Okanagan Events Centre . The tournament will feature a number of notable NHL prospects from the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers and Winnipeg Jets.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63786

last year's roster

2014-Penticton-Tournament-Roster.png

Firstly, John McClane is the diehard guy... is that even pronounced the same way? haha!

Secondly, Anton might turn some heads this time around. Hes still a stay at home d-man, but hes pretty physical, strong and can win puck battles. He worked on his offense a lot in portland this year (he still has a long way to go), but it was cool to see him jump in on plays and not be afraid to activate. I think hell develop into a decent defenseman. Im not expecting a franchise player, but hes been more exciting to watch this past year!

last year's roster

2014-Penticton-Tournament-Roster.png

I wonder why the only decided to invite 12 forwards to prospects camp this year round. A good handful of them are college bound which wouldn't make them eligible to play in the youngstars tourney.

Not saying we can't do that, maybe we are looking to sign them or see what talent there is before we sign them, but add to the list of guys that won't be there is Stevens, Lane, Gaudette, Boeser..not to mention Jasek will go back to Europe.

Leaves us

McCann, Virtanen, Valk, Zhukenov, Stewart, Cassels, Gardiner, and Pettit. Not sure what the rules are but I assume Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Labate and Fox will be there too.

Will be interesting to see who else the Canucks will invite to the tourney...I can't see them only rolling with only 12 forwards the whole way through.

Archived