The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sabres sign Bobby Sanguinetti

Coming off a previous suspension I need to becareful with what i type in this mini paragraph of emotions, hopefully the mods can spare me this time, anyhow I will be-careful with what I type sense im extremely full of rage at the moment. It may be the heat, I just don't know.

Okay, first, the biggest issue on this team heading forward will be Doug Lidster because he is the main reason Bo-Sang never got a chance to play in the NHL during his call ups. Also, Doug Lidster is another reason why the Flames forecheck was super explosive against us, he made no defensive match up changes like Rick Bowness would. Next, how the heck and why would this team sign a guy like Yanick Weber over Bo-Sang, it baffles my mind. I don't get it, lets go back to history for a while, Yanick Weber finished the playoffs with a -5, so how is he rewarded another contract is beyond me. Bo-Sang get this, was a plus 24 and was a point per game in the playoffs against the Monarchs. Yep, as a defence-men are you kidding me Benning?

You know the biggest problem with this team is they don't have a puck moving defence-men because Weber can't make a stretch pass. Again, Doug Lidster is the reason for this, Bo-Sang should of been signed, I just don't get it. Bo-Sang is the perfect puck moving defenceman. I watched him the playoffs was amazed at how fast he moved the puck out of the zone, sadly management didn't which is shocking

Hey, guys, im not the only one on the Sang wagon, Blake Price, means nothing is also on the wagon. You guys just hate BO-sang because I like him. Let's face it deep down inside you know BO-Sang is a better option then Clendenning and Corrado.

I watched Corrado and Clendenning in the playoffs and I wasn't impressed. They didn't provide anything offensively against the monarchs, and Corrado had a tough time containing the size. So again what Benning saw is beyond me!

Finally, im just going to finish this off, hoping mods dont bann me because im trying my best to choose the right words and not get banned.

BO-SANG- great puck mover +24 regular season AHL

hey look at this Bieksa's AHL numbers +21 109 penalty minutes/ check that out Bo-Sang had better numbers then Bieksa in the AHL. Yet, he doesn't get one fair chance to prove himself, and again it's because of Doug Lidster. So lets get this straight, he was the BEST PLAYER ON UTICA IN REGULAR SEASON AND HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON DEFENCE IN PLAYOFFS FOR UTICA, YET DOESN'T GET A CONTRACT? what the heck does he need to do. Managment doesn't reward results it seems! Doug Lidster is a problem heading forward because he doesn't know how to manage the defence. Mark my words if Bo- Sang gets his 1 chance in the NHL he will amaze and will prove all you haters wrong and I gaurantee it Doug Lidsters tenure on the Canucks' will be over after Bo-SANG proves them wrong.

NHL Totals 45 2 4 6 8

Coming off a previous suspension I need to becareful with what i type in this mini paragraph of emotions, hopefully the mods can spare me this time, anyhow I will be-careful with what I type sense im extremely full of rage at the moment. It may be the heat, I just don't know.

Okay, first, the biggest issue on this team heading forward will be Doug Lidster because he is the main reason Bo-Sang never got a chance to play in the NHL during his call ups. Also, Doug Lidster is another reason why the Flames forecheck was super explosive against us, he made no defensive match up changes like Rick Bowness would. Next, how the heck and why would this team sign a guy like Yanick Weber over Bo-Sang, it baffles my mind. I don't get it, lets go back to history for a while, Yanick Weber finished the playoffs with a -5, so how is he rewarded another contract is beyond me. Bo-Sang get this, was a plus 24 and was a point per game in the playoffs against the Monarchs. Yep, as a defence-men are you kidding me Benning?

You know the biggest problem with this team is they don't have a puck moving defence-men because Weber can't make a stretch pass. Again, Doug Lidster is the reason for this, Bo-Sang should of been signed, I just don't get it. Bo-Sang is the perfect puck moving defenceman. I watched him the playoffs was amazed at how fast he moved the puck out of the zone, sadly management didn't which is shocking

Hey, guys, im not the only one on the Sang wagon, Blake Price, means nothing is also on the wagon. You guys just hate BO-sang because I like him. Let's face it deep down inside you know BO-Sang is a better option then Clendenning and Corrado.

I watched Corrado and Clendenning in the playoffs and I wasn't impressed. They didn't provide anything offensively against the monarchs, and Corrado had a tough time containing the size. So again what Benning saw is beyond me!

Finally, im just going to finish this off, hoping mods dont bann me because im trying my best to choose the right words and not get banned.

hey look at this Bieksa's AHL numbers +21 109 penalty minutes/ check that out Bo-Sang had better numbers then Bieksa in the AHL. Yet, he doesn't get one fair chance to prove himself, and again it's because of Doug Lidster. So lets get this straight, he was the BEST PLAYER ON UTICA IN REGULAR SEASON AND HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON DEFENCE IN PLAYOFFS FOR UTICA, YET DOESN'T GET A CONTRACT? what the heck does he need to do. Managment doesn't reward results it seems! Doug Lidster is a problem heading forward because he doesn't know how to manage the defence. Mark my words if Bo- Sang gets his 1 chance in the NHL he will amaze and will prove all you haters wrong and I gaurantee it Doug Lidsters tenure on the Canucks' will be over after Bo-SANG proves them wrong.

Who's Blake Price?

But...he didn't score 1+ PPG in the AHL coasting. And he sure wasn't over 2 PPG trying.

He was a bust.

Never knew someone on CDC could get so worked up over a soon to be 28 year old AHL defenseman.

hey look at this Bieksa's AHL numbers +21 109 penalty minutes/ check that out Bo-Sang had better numbers then Bieksa in the AHL. Yet, he doesn't get one fair chance to prove himself, and again it's because of Doug Lidster. Doug Lidster is a problem heading forward because he doesn't know how to manage the defence. Mark my words if Bo- Sang gets his 1 chance in the NHL he will amaze and will prove all you haters wrong and I gaurantee it Doug Lidsters tenure on the Canucks' will be over after Bo-SANG proves them wrong.

Worth the wait.

I rarely agree with anything Desi says. In fact, I find most of what he says complete opposite of how I feel but he hit the nail on the head with this.

What infuriates me even more is that he signs a two way. Couldn't we offer him a two way?

Or maybe he turned down our two way because he feels that he'll have a better chance at making the sabres than our squad?

also one more thing, before pulling the trade for Clendenning we should of gave BO-SANG a legit chance. again another mistake ! Unfair treatment 101 by this team towards BO-Sang and I blame management and that Doug Lidster!

Maybe the Canucks wanted to re-sign him but after having a solid season and not getting a sniff, he said thanks but no thanks and went to a team that he may have a chance of making? After all, he is 28 and running out of NHL chances.

I rarely agree with anything Desi says. In fact, I find most of what he says complete opposite of how I feel but he hit the nail on the head with this.

What infuriates me even more is that he signs a two way. Couldn't we offer him a two way?

Or maybe he turned down our two way because he feels that he'll have a better chance at making the sabres than our squad?

In a phone call he said he still wants another chance in the NHL and he'll get that at BUF. The guys a career AHLer has nothing to contribute to us in the NHL.

Loved the pleasure delay of waiting for his response. I'm all about the pleasure delay.

TMI buddy, TMI.

But meanwhile, back at the ranch... the Sanguinetti signing. Of course a two way because even on Buffalo he would have trouble cracking the NHL line up. Similar to us signing Fedun, but considering all the D we have coming into Utica this year there are plenty of young D there.

I wonder if we didn't think he'd clear again to get to Utica, or if Sanguinetti wanted to have a better chance at an NHL shot. Being behind our current crop plus adding Corrado and Clendening he wasn't likely to get a shot other than as a call up.

But enough of that, back to desi! I'm glad I've kept this quote in my sig for so long. I can't wait to see it never come to fruition.

also one more thing, before pulling the trade for Clendenning we should of gave BO-SANG a legit chance. again another mistake ! Unfair treatment 101 by this team towards BO-Sang and I blame management and that Doug Lidster!

we don't hate him because you hate him, in fact I'm sure most of us agree we would love to have him back in utica. We just aren't going to lose our minds over a career ahl guy. A lot like cal O'Reilly in that regard. Remember how many points Jason krog used to put up in the ahl?!

we don't hate him because you hate him, in fact I'm sure most of us agree we would love to have him back in utica. We just aren't going to lose our minds over a career ahl guy. A lot like cal O'Reilly in that regard. Remember how many points Jason krog used to put up in the ahl?!

I remember people arguing he needed more of a chance too. Much like a back up goaltender, it is easy to cheer for the guys who are down and out. I think Sanguinetti is a lot like Baumgartner was, a good AHL defenceman who had a long career as a leader on the farm. There is no shame in that, but Fedun's signing off sets him being let go.

Archived