The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blues sign Kyle Brodziak

Blues sign Kyle Brodziak to one-year-deal:

The St. Louis Blues have picked up free agent forward Kyle Brodziak, signing him to a one-year deal worth a reported $900,000.

Brodziak, 31, spent the last six seasons with the Minnesota Wild, recording a career-high in goals (22) and points (44) with the club in 2011-12.

The 2003 seventh-round draft pick has a total of 98 goals and 228 points in 621 games with the Oilers and Wild.

The Blues have had a busy second day of free agency, completing a major trade earlier in the day that saw T.J. Oshie dealt to Washington in exchange for Troy Brouwer, goaltender Pheonix Copley and a third-round draft pick in 2016.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/blues-sign-kyle-brodziak-to-one-year-deal/

I was hoping that we would pick him up to shore up the fourth line.

With Matthias and Richardson not being re-signed, I think that spot will go to Vey.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Baertschi - Bonino - Burrows

Higgins - Horvat - Hansen

Prust - Vey - Dorsett

Kenins

Things could still change with Higgins or Hansen possibly moving.

With Matthias and Richardson not being re-signed, I think that spot will go to Vey.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Baertschi - Bonino - Burrows

Higgins - Horvat - Hansen

Prust - Vey - Dorsett

Kenins

Things could still change with Higgins or Hansen possibly moving.

I hope JB targets a better 4th line centre. Malhotra, Goc or even Slater would be better fits and could take the harder match ups. Which we need. The Sedins can handle they're own, but we don't want to be matching them up against other top lines. Bonino isn't great on faceoffs and is average defensively. Horvat has made huge strides, but I'm not ready to give him the tough assignments yet.

I know Manny, Goc and Slater won't be huge additions, but they can at least do what Richardson did and probably won't cost much in either dollars or years.

Archived