The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA FREE AGENCY

Scorvat

Lets talk about the NBA free agent frenzy!!!!

Where does Aldridge sign? LAL? Hopefully!!

What about all the others?

I thought for sure L.A. was done with LA but apparently he is going for another meeting today. Maybe he will sign with the Lakers. I was hoping the Raptors had a shot but after signing DeMarre Carroll I can't see it. I still think he will go to San Antonio though.

The Cavs payroll shocks me. They could be as high as $121 if they sign JR Smith to an $8,000,000.00 deal. And all their contracts are long term. Even if LeBron signs a one-year max, he won't really reap huge benefits with the higher cap because the Cavs are already way over. I guess Dan G can afford to pay the luxury tax.

It's weird that the Lakers and Knicks aren't getting the respect they used to from guys.

I hope the Lakers sign someone. They have such a sorry looking roster now it may make a run for worst in the NBA. Given the 76ers have their 1st round pick protected top 3 hopefully they get someone just to keep them from being top 3 worst xD

I also enjoy how the King's gutted their own assets to dump contracts to free up cap to chase 3 big Free Agents. So far 2 of those 3 have signed elsewhere. Did they really not even talk to these guys before making such a bold move?

Jordan never signed on the dotted line. As per nba rules teams are only allowed to discuss terms in this stage of free agency. Nothing wrong with what Jordan did. .

He told the Mavericks he would sign with them, gave a verbal agreement. The least he could do is call Cuban and say I'm having second thoughts or that he's going to LA. Instead he avoided calls from Chandler Parsons and Mark Cuban, the guy acted so unprofessional through the whole thing in the past 24 hours.

That's like Stamkos saying yes to a Canucks offer during the period where teams are allowed to talk to players, but then 5-6 hours before free agency we hear rumours that Stamkos is having doubts and is thinking about re-signing with Tampa. He then doesn't talk to anyone from the Canucks organization and just goes ahead and signs with TB at 12:01am on July 1. We have cleared the cap room and everything, but are now left with a huge hole in that position with all of the other big players already committed to other teams.

Would you be fine with that or would you be extremely pissed off as a Canucks/hockey fan?

Clippers are coming to town against the Raptors in Vancouver for a preseason game in September I believe.. You can bet that I will be booing him every time he touches the ball.

This is the worst and most asshole thing to do ever by any professional athlete. At the very least, Lebron's decision wasn't until he announced it on television and he at the very least took calls from the Cavs and didn't royally screw the Cavs offseason plans over. This is classless. DeAndre Jordan should be the most hated NBA player now until the day he retires. Nobody will forget this.

He told the Mavericks he would sign with them, gave a verbal agreement. The least he could do is call Cuban and say I'm having second thoughts or that he's going to LA. Instead he avoided calls from Chandler Parsons and Mark Cuban, the guy acted so unprofessional through the whole thing in the past 24 hours.

That's like Stamkos saying yes to a Canucks offer during the period where teams are allowed to talk to players, but then 5-6 hours before free agency we hear rumours that Stamkos is having doubts and is thinking about re-signing with Tampa. He then doesn't talk to anyone from the Canucks organization and just goes ahead and signs with TB at 12:01am on July 1. We have cleared the cap room and everything, but are now left with a huge hole in that position with all of the other big players already committed to other teams.

Would you be fine with that or would you be extremely pissed off as a Canucks/hockey fan?

Except Stamkos has an agent. Does this guy not have an agent who negotiates contracts on his behalf?

Since when is a verbal agreement for a sports contract the same as in writing? When or why would anyone be held to a verbal agreement for discussing a contract during a period they aren't allowed?

This sort of thing is regularly done by sports franchises, so it's funny to me that a player gets flak for changing his mind.

So much outrage over nothing.

Except Stamkos has an agent. Does this guy not have an agent who negotiates contracts on his behalf?

Since when is a verbal agreement for a sports contract the same as in writing? When or why would anyone be held to a verbal agreement for discussing a contract during a period they aren't allowed?

This sort of thing is regularly done by sports franchises, so it's funny to me that a player gets flak for changing his mind.

So much outrage over nothing.

His agent was on a flight to Houston to his house. He had someone from an agency rep represent him at the time of the signing. I'm sure when DJ and the Mavs made a verbal agreement, they were both fully 100% committed on signing the deal. Then he decides to nix it a few hours before midnight while ignoring calls from the Mavs? I'd be furious too. Basically all the big name free agents are gone and the Mavs have a big hole to fill in the C position.

Archived