The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Internet Has Officially Run Out Of IP Addresses

SabreFan1

I posted that a while back when I first saw it. It became viral about a year or so ago. The hosts ended up laughing about it on Twitter.

It's pretty trippy to watch now.

I should see if I can dig up that old 90's internet instructional video that tries to teach people about the internet. That went viral around the same time.

I posted that a while back when I first saw it. It became viral about a year or so ago. The hosts ended up laughing about it on Twitter.

It's pretty trippy to watch now.

I should see if I can dig up that old 90's internet instructional video that tries to teach people about the internet. That went viral around the same time.

That is how bitcoiners feel when people don't get how game-changing that technology is...

Hah!

I grew up in that era.

There's a song from the 90's that has a part in it that sounds like my mother's voice did when she would shout out my name to come home when I was little back in those days. I don't remember the song anymore, but it freaked me out every time I heard it while driving in my car.

That is how bitcoiners feel when people don't get how game-changing that technology is...

I actually thought about you and that bitcoin thread earlier when I was reading an article about Greeks using Bitcoins to get around the financial restrictions that are being placed on pure cash withdrawals.

I actually thought about you and that bitcoin thread earlier when I was reading an article about Greeks using Bitcoins to get around the financial restrictions that are being placed on pure cash withdrawals.

I'm humbled, nice to know I left a positive impact....but I still recall you calling me paranoid on another thread about it! =P

I'm humbled, nice to know I left a positive impact....but I still recall you calling me paranoid on another thread about it! =P

You didn't leave a positive or negative impact. I figured then that Bitcoin would be dead by now. I just remember the thread quite clearly. You were definitely paranoid.... lol

You didn't leave a positive or negative impact. I figured then that Bitcoin would be dead by now. I just remember the thread quite clearly. You were definitely paranoid.... lol

Well, the price has held steady at the $200-250 USD range for a while now, but the growth in the amount of transactions on the network is enough proof that the demand is there.

Now, would you rather be paranoid like me or have your bank accounts be frozen like in Greece right now?

Well, the price has held steady at the $200-250 USD range for a while now, but the growth in the amount of transactions on the network is enough proof that the demand is there.

Now, would you rather be paranoid like me or have your bank accounts be frozen like in Greece right now?

Neither, but the fiat system we have today will eventually collapse. If it happens in my lifetime, I'm going to start buying precious metals and food staple futures.

This is a subject for the old Bitcoin thread and not this thread. Let's not hijack this one. Bump the old thread if you can find it. Maybe you'll get somebody to bite if you chum the waters a bit.

Neither, but the fiat system we have today will eventually collapse. If it happens in my lifetime, I'm going to start buying precious metals and food staple futures.

This is a subject for the old Bitcoin thread and not this thread. Let's not hijack this one. Bump the old thread if you can find it. Maybe you'll get somebody to bite if you chum the waters a bit.

Don't forget about firearms and ammunition!

And I'll probably won't bring it up until the price hits a new all-time high...sooner or later...

At dawn we went outside to be with friends and only came home long enough to eat and then went back outside until it got dark and then our parents would stick their heads out the front door and yell out our names until we answered back and came running back home.

My mom used to whistle really loud and me and my bro would come running. Its amazing how much times have changed in my short life.

My mom used to whistle really loud and me and my bro would come running. Its amazing how much times have changed in my short life.

Yeah. As a kid I used to be outside running around playing from morning until dusk and sometimes even after that. Now I'm fixated around the computer most of my day/my career will be based around computers and tech. A total 180 on how things used to be.

Yeah. As a kid I used to be outside running around playing from morning until dusk and sometimes even after that. Now I'm fixated around the computer most of my day/my career will be based around computers and tech. A total 180 on how things used to be.

Believe or not many young kids are still like this.. it's only when they reach their teens to early adulthood that they soon realize there's more to life than just playing outside all day..

Believe or not many young kids are still like this.. it's only when they reach their teens to early adulthood that they soon realize there's more to life than just playing outside all day..

I wished they realized this sooner. Kids out back are always running around screaming when I'm trying to work quietly here @ home :lol:

Archived