The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predictions - Western Conference Standings

Lui's Knob

This team isn't going to drop off nearly as much as everyone thinks, unless extremely long term injuries happen to more than one of Sedins, Vrbata, or Miller.

Canucks end up 4th in their division, 8th overall. Take Anaheim to 7 before losing in double overtime on a tip in goal by Kesler off a Bieksa knuckler after taking an odd tip off the stanchion.

Outlying teams from last year

Dallas. Seguin and Nicushkin are healthy. Solid goaltending tandem. Solid D prospects ready to step in. Better

Wild. Upgraded goaltending, solid bottom 6 now. Better

Calgary. Far better D didn't lose any forward depth

LA. Rested, Lucic, Quick back on his game and only really lost role playing bottom 6 and Sekera. Playoffs.

Edmonton. McDavid is a ?. But vastly upgraded their D, got far deeper and tougher as well as mobile in bottom 6, new goalies.

Vancouver...well, we did ok last year. But we didn't improve to any serious extent this year and are hoping for solid D from Bartkowski Sbisa and rookies. Hoping for secondary scoring from Prust and rookies. Now have a Miller with a suspect knee and Markstrom for goaltending

Does anyone seriously see the canucks squeaking in? Come on. I am a huge Nucks homer but seriously....any injury longer than 2 weeks to either Sedin or Hamhuis and that's it playoff dream over.

Vancouver...well, we did ok last year. But we didn't improve to any serious extent this year and are hoping for solid D from Bartkowski Sbisa and rookies. Hoping for secondary scoring from Prust and rookies. Now have a Miller with a suspect knee and Markstrom for goaltending

101 points and 8th overall in the league despite a lot of injuries on the back end and playing 4-6 rookies is just "ok"?

Is Bartkowski going to be worse than Bieksa? Are Horvat, Vey, Kenins, etc. not going to improve from their rookie season? Does Baertschi (you left him out) not improve the offense? Does the consistency and leadership of Prust not more than make up for the inconsistency and troubles of Kassian?

Does anyone seriously see the canucks squeaking in? Come on. I am a huge Nucks homer but seriously....any injury longer than 2 weeks to either Sedin or Hamhuis and that's it playoff dream over.

The only "homer" you are is being at home with the doomsayers here, just like last summer when you adamantly declared the Canucks to be no better than Calgary or Edmonton, struggling in the basement. "Seriously" for you last year was completely closing your mind to other reasoned points of view, that you categorically dismissed and would have none of.

I have no firm idea how the Canucks will do, but as of now, replacing Matthias, Bieksa, Richardson, and Kassian with Baertschi, Bartkowski, Prust, and Corrado sounds like minimally break-even if not outright improvement. Also still expecting more moves to be made to make more room for youth.

1) ANA
2) LAK

3) NSH

4) CHI

5) STL

6) MIN

7) CGY

8) VAN

-----------

9) DAL

10) EDM

11) WPG

12) COL

13) SJS
14) ARI

The Canucks could sneak into the playoffs, but they could also slide from 9-12
It'll be another tough race

Every team in the Pacific division made improvements to a certain degree to bolster their line up, with exception of Anahiem who is already good and peaked.

San Jose made great additions in Paul Martin and Joel Ward.

L.A added Lucic

Calgary added Frolik and Hamilton

Edmonton added Talbot, Sekera, and of course none other then Connor McDavid

Vancouver Adds Bartowski and Prust, but loses Kassian Bieksa, so they actually took a step back

Phoenix who cares.

yea... we are one of the worst teams in our division.

Why are you guys doing top 8 in the conference? It doesn't work like that. But I'll bite.

1. Chicago

2. Anaheim

3. Calgary

4. LA

5. San Jose

6. Vancouver

7. Edmonton

8. Arizona

Just to prove a point

I think quite a few are still missing your point.

People, its Western Conf. predictions. There can't be four Central teams in the top 6. It should be 3 and 3.

1. Anaheim Ducks

2. Chicago Blackhawks

3. St. Louis Blues

4. Los Angeles Kings

5. Calgary Flames

6. Colorado Avalanche

7. Nashville Predators

8. Minnesota Wild

9. Vancouver Canucks

10. Edmonton Oilers

11. Dallas Stars

12. San Jose Sharks

13. Winnipeg Jets

14. Arizona Coyotes

Draft is over, and the free agency frenzy is nearly complete. As it stands now, where do you think teams will end up in the West?

1) Anaheim

2) Minnesota

3) Calgary

4) Nashville

5) Chicago

6) St. Louis

7) LA

8) Winnipeg

--------------------

9) Dallas

10) Colorado

11) Edmonton

12) San Jose

13) Vancouver

14) Arizona

Top 7 pick for Vancouver?

Move Vancouver up 10 or 11 places and you have my prediction.

I have this odd feeling that the Oilers will finish 9th and somehow win the draft lottery from that spot!

Lol man that would suck.

Here's my final standings. Could really go either way but the more I look at, the more difficult it is to imagine the canucks battling for a playoff spot. Colorado I see making it after missing last season,Dallas will be close.. Calgary will be better and shoukd challenge for the division. LA will miss due to losing voybov stoll and Williams. Canucks need to sell assets at the deadline and recipe a top 5 pick. With that benning should be able to do a quick 1 yr rebuild and go Ham in 2016 FA.

Ducks

wild

st Louis

Nashville

Chicago

flames

colorado

Winnipeg

Dallas

Oilers

Canucks

Sharks