The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin's $5.9 million Shaughnessy home for sale

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Omg if Daniel or Henrik or both are traded I'm going to spend life in jail...

That being said, can't blame Daniel for wanting to move out from China town

i don't think that China town. its near Childrens

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/1233+Nanton+Ave,+Vancouver,+BC+V6H+2C7/@49.2436514,-123.12094,14z/data=!4m7!1m4!3m3!1s0x548673904a6bd6c3:0xa0f14fddbd93b28a!2s1233+Nanton+Ave,+Vancouver,+BC+V6H+2C7!3b1!3m1!1s0x548673904a6bd6c3:0xa0f14fddbd93b28a

You missed his racist joke. He's saying the chinese buy and live in all the rich areas in vancouver.

Didn't mean it in a racist way at all . but reading it, I could see how it might be interpreted that way. My apologies.

Just saying he's not being traded and there's prolly other reasons.

Wow what timing, in the midst of what seems like a firesale for the Canucks, one of the Sedins puts their home up for sale. I don't think this means anything in terms of the Sedins being Canucks. There is no way that would get rid of Lack, Bieksa, and the Sedins within the same year, at least I don't think they would?

Canadian dollar is tanking, property values at an all time high when every economist outside of CMHC and the BCREA is saying the bubble in Canadian housing is to big and is hyper inflated.

Factor that in with the twins careers winding down, maybe he just wants to cash in while the cashing is good.

Until his brothers house is on the market it's a meh issue

Normally I wouldn't be against trading the Sedins (give them another shot at a cup, and not let them have to go through a rebuild), but I don't see this management team maximizing their value. We'd probably end up giving up a first round for someone else's aging vets and their 4th or something.

If I'm the sedins im asking to get traded, they know they aren't winning a cup here sad to say it but they should go to a contending team and it will also help the rebuild that we are now in, maybe they get moved at the deadline?

Sure the Sedins can ask but Ownership would have to eat at least $21M in salary over the next 3 years. No winning team has room for a $14M acquisition without trading back their best players.

I don't think it would be smart to have $7m of unusable salary locked up per year.

Sure the Sedins can ask but Ownership would have to eat at least $21M in salary over the next 3 years. No winning team has room for a $14M acquisition without trading back their best players.

I don't think it would be smart to have $7m of unusable salary locked up per year.

Unusable? Daniel was the highest point scorer in the western conference from playoff teams.

That's Unusable? Their elite players...

There's no chance they'd want to live the planets best city but if they did want to move, there would be 29 teams in the nhl knocking on the door buddy. They're as valuable as it gets.

The blue jackets have 11,928,691 in cap space

The panthers have 11,664,149

The islanders have 9,200,357

The sabers have 17,492,143

Teams do have the cap for them n if they ended up going to any of those teams they would have a good chance of going far... Probably won't happen but there are teams that have the cap space and im sure they would love the sedins on thier team

I feel dirty for doing this.

To Detroit:

H. Sedin

D. Sedin

To Vancouver:

Detroit 1st pick 2016

Detroit 2nd pick 2016 and 2017

Teemu Pulkinnen

Kyle Quincey

Justin Abdulkader/Darren Helm

Detroit is realistically the only team the Sedins would waive too (Franzen, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Nyquist)

Detroit window is rapidly closing (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Franzen, and now Green). I give them a good 2-3 years at actual Cup contention. The Sedins will give them an amazing 1-2 punch with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Imagine that PP. They have the depth to move Kyle Quincey (1 year left UFA @ 4.25) with the addition of Green to get cap relief for the Sedins. Abdulkader and Helm play a similar game and with both in the mid 2 million range both UFA's at the end of the year. Got to think Detroit will be willing to part with one of them and sign the other.

Vancouver looks like they get the short end of the stick but this is likely the price given the limited ability we have to make trades (NMC) and salary cap costs, IF we were to actually trade the Sedins. I can see Detroit giving up their 1st pick and going for an 'all in' approach given their aging core. It works for them anyways because they draft better players later anyways (see Detroit Roster).

Vancouver also gets Pulkinnen who has been absolutely ripping the AHL this last year and looks ready for the big show and could take a 3rd line spot (please no Higgens, Hansen, Jensen) and provides much needed skilled young Left wing depth

Quincey fits JB bill where he can play valuable top 4 minutes and be flipped at the deadline for a reasonable 2-3 round pick to a team making a playoff run.

Abdulkader/Helm would be a sign or trade @ the deadline situation also provides some cap relief with Kyle Quincey.

This kind of deal make sense for both teams, in the assets we can acquire back (up to 1st rounder, 3 2nd rounders, Pulkinen and Helm/Abdulkader and hello Top 3 OA pick) and Detroit gets two 34 year old players for 2 years to make a cup run.

We run away from the draft with our cupboards stocked with enough cap space to buy a 1st line (Lucic, Kopitar, Seabrook, Backes, Staal), continue to implement the kids (Horvat, Virtanen, Baerts) with complimentary cheap players like Bonino, Cassels, Shinkaruk, McCann) and I'd we could right this ship after 1 $&!#show season.

Archived