The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Joel Ward to Sharks

I think only the Yotes and Canes have worse teams on paper right now than us. How can it have fallen apart so quickly :frantic:

I like Ward and am sure he will help SJ.

But they fell apart last year on the D losing its MoJo. Burns was fine (understatement) offensively but not special in other ways. And the guys behind him did not play great. I am indifferent / not sure as to whether Paul Martin will make the difference?

That is what will make or break the Sharks IMO.

I'm guessing Franson to LA. Lol the division keeps getting tougher. I love it though will give our young guys a challenge. I thought we'd get a top 10 pick but if Franson signs in LA like I think hes going too. We may get an even higher pick. :) I'm ok with that the rebuild is here change has come! The org can say it wants to remain competitive which we will im sure but were going to have a hard time making the playoffs unless our rookies have massive breakout seasons.

I'm fine with it :D

Book it though Franson to LA if he doesnt sign here.

Have to laugh at the sentiments in here - OMGZZZ, even the Sharks are getting better!

Meanwhile, folks here complaining that they don't understand the direction this team is taking....

San Jose has an old core of 35 year olds in Thornton, Marleau.

Instead of retooling, they go out and add a pair of 34 year olds in Martin and Ward.

They'll have a tandem of Martin and Stalock at the back of it.

If you're looking for an unclear direction for a franchise, well, there you have it.

I guess they figure they're going to take another run with their oldtimers.

Have to laugh at the sentiments in here - OMGZZZ, even the Sharks are getting better!

Meanwhile, folks here complaining that they don't understand the direction this team is taking....

San Jose has an old core of 35 year olds in Thornton, Marleau.

Instead of retooling, they go out and add a pair of 34 year olds in Martin and Ward.

They'll have a tandem of Martin and Stalock at the back of it.

If you're looking for an unclear direction for a franchise, well, there you have it.

I guess they figure they're going to take another run with their oldtimers.

I don't get it, we're supposed to laugh at them for doing this, but applaud when we did the exact same thing last off-season?

Archived