The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it just me or is being the President of an NHL hockey team the easiest job in the world?

hockeyguy1234

Being president of the NHLPA during a very contentious lock out might also qualify as valuable experience.

Not sure though will have to ask the OP.

I don't know how many times I have to say this but this isn't about Linden, its about the role of president in General.

But for the poster above, do you also recall during that lockout Linden hired a new NHLPA president who was subsequently let go for inappropriate hiring procedures.

So the players play,

The coaches coach the players,

The GM trys to build the team and work on trades to make them better.

What does the President do?

Outside of having to look good and do a few press conferences a year, I honestly don't know what they have to do.

What would Linden's Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm look like?

All I know is I see a bunch of "presidents" who don't have any experience getting appointed to a role that I think I could do better at.

Yes. Yes you can

Wow, the room just got quiet. That usually happens once you win the debate.

I say this without being facetious and in complete honesty, I have absolutely zero idea what your "debating points" have been.

But hey, congrats on your "win".

winner-golden-trophy-cup--backgrounds-po

Edit: Okay. Maybe a bit facetious....

So the players play,

Outside of having to look good and do a few press conferences a year, I honestly don't know what they have to do.

All I know is I see a bunch of "presidents" who don't have any experience getting appointed to a role that I think I could do better at.

Just guessing, but do you have the hardest job in the world, being you?

Lol, I find it pretty odd how some fans idolize him. Sure he was a good player and a good guy, but that's about it for me..

Well that's pretty good just in itself, is it not? But there's more to Trevor Linden than just that anyways.

I'm not trying to poop on Linden. I think he's a great guy. But I just assumed that the hirings of him, Kevin Lowe, Shanahan, etc. are all for PR and they don't actually do much.

Whoa, that's over-the-line. Don't ever compare Trevor with Kim Jong Lowe. Lowe was the most incompetent President of any team in the history of the NHL. The only reason he was able to advance to the position he was unqualified for was because he hung around with Gretzky.

Sometimes you read a thread and don't know what just happened.

This is one of those occasions. Running the PR front of a NHL franchise is not an "easy' job. I would take it over coal miner any day, but it is not a job most people are even remotely qualified for.

So the players play,

How quaint yet dumb. No cure for that.

Archived