The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 free agents Benning is planning to target

homersexual

Lucic stunk up Boston last year. They couldn't get rid of him fast enough. He was skating like a washed up Jim Sandlak, and put up similar numbers.

He didn't back check, lazy on line changes, he looked even worse then Kassian.

If Benning is seriously interested in Lucic and signs him, it will mean like many of the fans, that no one has bothered to scout him since the cup win.

He'll provide great protection for the Sedins if they stick around and the young players. I'm sure being home Lucic will act differently and he surely like most players and people will mature and make better decisions with age.

His skating I agree is suspect but he claims he is gonna work real hard to get back in shape this year with a full summer. In the interview he said Boston like LA was used to going on long runs and as heavy teams they wore down and got tired without having full summers off to rest and build up their strength and stamina fully.

I would take him over Prust and Dorsett.

Nobody wants to take on Lucic in the modern NHL there are less than guys than ever who can legitimately challenge him as a fighter and still play hockey.

He would tune Ferland or pretty much anyone in the league right now. There are no other heavyweights except him who can still play the game enough to get regular ice time but play with such an aggressive style hitting and fighting wise.

Probably takes a 4 year deal worth 22 mil to get him to seriously consider coming here and getting to play on the Sedins wing.

I like all the posters that think that Seabrook would sign for 6 or 6.25 mil. per year.

He is currently making almost 6 per year, I would imagine that 3 SC would increase his value.

After all Sekera just got 5.5 per year.

I can't see LA not extend Lucic after the steep price they gave up to get him. We'll see what happens.

They still have to sign Kopitar. What about Voynov and his situation?

Do they even have the cap? It's pretty much up to Lucic if he truly wants to come to Vancouver he will. Regardless of what they offer him money wise.

If LA looks like they are going downhill with their distractions the Canucks might be able to convince him. If LA has a great year this year and wins a round or two and Canucks miss the playoffs as expected, then I agree it will be hard to convince him to come unless Canucks offer more term than salary from L.A.

After all he wanted term over annual salary in Boston and they were not willing to give more than 5 years. I believe he wanted at the very least 6 years.

If Stamkos leaves TB and goes anywhere it will be Toronto.

Probably Eric Stall too would most likely go to Toronto if he wants to win. Wow if the Leafs ever got Stamkos and Stall in free agency they would be set down the middle with a 1-2 punch at center and then drop Bozak to the third line center.

Instant contenders.

Canucks are not getting him. Fat and lazy. Bad character example for the young players like Baertschi.

Can't just do what you want just because you have talent.

You seem to have a short memory that Big Buff give Luongo fits in the playoffs and dominated the Canucks.

Buff is a beast.

You seem to have a short memory that Big Buff give Luongo fits in the playoffs and dominated the Canucks.

Buff is a beast.

I'd take Buff over Lucic but either way is good.

Not saying he isn't good talent wise if he was in shape he is as good as any d-man in the league. He can skate and handle the puck very well for a guy the size of an NFL linebacker.

Just saying he is not the biggest character guy not saying Lucic is either but obviously players are usually acquired when coaches and executives have a previous connection or relationship with a guy to get him to buy in to what they want him to do.

Will it happen with Benning here no chance obviously... he will trust Lucic who he has a personal connection with to shape up way more than Byfuglien who threw Kane's clothes in the shower and besides their were always questions about his commitment to the game when he gave up hockey for a year because he felt like ice fishing as a teen.

Again talent wise Byfuglien is a great fit offensive d-man who can play power forward in a pinch but not a great personality fit like Kessel was with the Leafs.

I dont' have much faith in guys who can't control their weight when they are a pro athlete and that should be their only job and main focus.

I'd play Buff up front, not on D, and it would have to be a situation in which he wanted to come and was committed, not likely to happen. If he were to be committed, Lucic isn't even close when it comes to talent and physical ability.

Archived