The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] New Canucks Anthem Singer

Exactly. It blows me away anyone would suggest anyone else. The guy is like Don cherry is to hockey night in Canada to me. Hearing him makes it feel like a nucks game. I love it.

What an idiotic suggestion to replace him Imo. But hey , that's how a large portion of Van seems to be. Shallow and stuck up. It's sad. Last 20 years has been downhill. Probably why our barn is considered to be the biggest joke , quietest arena in Canada. It's embarrassing

Now not only does Alberta have better teams , they also have better fans. Hell so does Manitoba and Quebec for that matter. These kind of threads really add validity to our reputation.

You blow me away !!! You must be deaf if you can't hear how terrible mark is !! and you must be an idiot if you believe that his schtick isn't stale .. Comparing Mark Donnely to Don Cherry ???? Damn , thats embarrassing !

Vancouver crowds are stuck up and shallow ?? Thats what happens when you price blue collar fans out of the market .

If Im paying this much for my seasons tickets I want value for my money . Mark donnely is NOT value for my money . Its a cheap , lame gimmick and as a fan Im getting tired of feeling ripped off .

and please , please , feel free to move to Alberta , Ill drive you to the bus depot

You blow me away !!! You must be deaf if you can't hear how terrible mark is !! and you must be an idiot if you believe that his schtick isn't stale .. Comparing Mark Donnely to Don Cherry ???? Damn , thats embarrassing !

Vancouver crowds are stuck up and shallow ?? Thats what happens when you price blue collar fans out of the market .

If Im paying this much for my seasons tickets I want value for my money . Mark donnely is NOT value for my money . Its a cheap , lame gimmick and as a fan Im getting tired of feeling ripped off .

and please , please , feel free to move to Alberta , Ill drive you to the bus depot

Dude ... you need to chill out. It's the anthem man ... the anthem. It's not the bloody team! Also, Donnelly is a good singer. If you can't recognize that then you obviously don't have an ear for music.

So if Amrit Bains was singing the national anthem you would buck up for season tickets? Sounds intelligent. A great fan we have here. Don't worry about driving him to the depot, I'll call him a cab. I'm going to drive you back to English class.

I'm sorry but I whole heartedly disagree with this. People talk about a lack of tradition with this team and the one thing that actually has some tradition you want gone? New jerseys, new logo, new goal songs, new entrance music, new anthem singers, new mascot... This forum drives me crazy sometimes.

I agree with you on this.. It is driving me nuts too. Only with one exception, we truly need to get rid of this horrible DJ we have.... This guy have no taste in good pump up musics...

The idiots who think I wanted Amrit brains to replace Mark can eat me.

I meant , I wanted a real singer . No fake ass opera wanna be who has tired Schtick and can't hit that high notes at the end of Oh Canada ( but tries every single night )

We used to have a guy named Richard Loney. He was a serious and powerful vocalist who pumped up the audience with a great soaring rendition of our Countries anthem . No gimmicks , no kareoke. He just sang it like a boss.

It's our countries anthem. It deserves reverence. It deserves to be taken seriously. We deserve to get goosebumps when we hear it.

For those of you who say it's just an anthem , I think you might have forgetten the thousands of Canadian souls that fought and died so that you could have the freedom to live in this great land of ours.

It's important to me. It should be important to you.

The idiots who think I wanted Amrit brains to replace Mark can eat me.

I meant , I wanted a real singer . No fake ass opera wanna be who has tired Schtick and can't hit that high notes at the end of Oh Canada ( but tries every single night )

We used to have a guy named Richard Loney. He was a serious and powerful vocalist who pumped up the audience with a great soaring rendition of our Countries anthem . No gimmicks , no kareoke. He just sang it like a boss.

It's our countries anthem. It deserves reverence. It deserves to be taken seriously. We deserve to get goosebumps when we hear it.

For those of you who say it's just an anthem , I think you might have forgetten the thousands of Canadian souls that fought and died so that you could have the freedom to live in this great land of ours.

It's important to me. It should be important to you.

Richard Loney can sing the anthem, but his presence is so goddamn boring!

Archived