The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SF refuses to hand over dangerous illegal to ICE to deport, sets free, illegal shoots/kills woman on pier

Mr. Ambien

No, but he did. And that lead backwards to the story on the government not doing their job. Which is where we are now.

But if he didn't, there would be no story, so the logic of deduction proves that this is a story about murder and FOX uses the illegals angle for its' propaganda purposes and Ambien falls for it. #getaneducation

The article being quoted is cut off in the OP at a very important part...

According to ICE, he had been deported five times, most recently in 2009, and his record included seven prior felony convictions. ICE briefly had him in their custody after he completed a prison sentence in California, but turned him over to San Francisco on an outstanding warrant for a felony drug charge in late March. They lodged what's known as an "immigration detainer," which was not honored.

Freya Horne, an attorney for the San Francisco Sheriff's Department, told the Associated Press on Friday they had no authority to hold him.

Horne said federal detention orders are not a "legal basis" to hold someone, so Sanchez was released April 15. Horne said the city does not turn over people who are in the country illegally unless there's an active warrant for their arrest.

But a law enforcement official familiar with the issue told FoxNews.com there are "literally no jurisdictions" in the country where ICE gets a judicial warrant to request that local law enforcement notify them of a pending release.

The official called this claim by San Francisco "ridiculous."

Meanwhile, Sanchez reportedly has admitted in a jailhouse interview that he shot Steinle.

He told KGO-TV Sunday in a mix of Spanish and English that he found a gun wrapped inside a shirt while he was sitting on a bench at the pier and smoking a cigarette.

"So I picked it up and ... it started to fire on its own," Sanchez said, adding that he heard three shots go off.

Steinle was gunned down while out for an evening stroll at Pier 14 with her father and a family friend on Wednesday. Police said witnesses heard no argument or dispute before the shooting, suggesting it was a random attack.

A source familiar with the investigation told the San Francisco Chronicle that Sanchez said he was at the popular pier to shoot at sea lions, and discarded the firearm after realizing he had shot Steinle.

But if he didn't, there would be no story, so the logic of deduction proves that this is a story about murder and FOX uses the illegals angle for its' propaganda purposes and Ambien falls for it. #getaneducation

So, when you watch crime movies, do you always focus on the clue that reveals the crime or the person who committed it?

#non-sequitor #spam #wtfareyoutalkingabout

You're saying that the murder is the focus of the story. It's not. It's that the government screwed up, and it resulted in someone's death.

Compare that to a crime movie, where there's a person who commits a crime. You don't focus on the clue that reveals them, you focus on the criminal themselves.

If this was a crime movie, you'd be focusing on the clue, rather than the criminal. See the big picture, instead of the smaller one.

You're saying that the murder is the focus of the story. It's not. It's that the government screwed up, and it resulted in someone's death.

Compare that to a crime movie, where there's a person who commits a crime. You don't focus on the clue that reveals them, you focus on the criminal themselves.

If this was a crime movie, you'd be focusing on the clue, rather than the criminal. See the big picture, instead of the smaller one.

I get you. My focus is on the reporting of the story, and how Fox and the OP uses it for their propaganda purposes.

You are not wrong so say that governmental failures contributed to this event. Most crime stories have multifaceted angles. How the media and the people choose to see it and how they report it for their own agenda is what I'm interested in.

Cool?

I get you. My focus is on the reporting of the story, and how Fox and the OP uses it for their propaganda purposes.

You are not wrong so say that governmental failures contributed to this event. Most crime stories have multifaceted angles. How the media and the people choose to see it and how they report it for their own agenda is what I'm interested in.

Cool?

Cool.

Don't stretch yourself too thin, cuz it aint much better up here now.

Most probably don't remember this story about "José Ribamar Ribeiro Neto"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/blinded-bystander-recovering-in-calgary-hospital-1.722389

The article as always with mass media is very miss leading . The victim was over a hundred meters away when a stray bullet from a gun fight hit him in the face blinding him.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/arrest-made-in-shooting-that-blinded-bystander-1.764658

Criminal law in North America is a complete and utter joke never mind immigration. The shooter in this article was being followed by law enforcement for over 10 YEARS !!!! His criminal activity was known to police for 10 years was connected to a massive crime syndicate and authorities deemed it ok to let the shooter stay as long as they need to gather intel.

Having friends on the force and hearing constantly how judges are the real ones to blame for letting human trash like this to stay in our country just sickens me.

There needs to be more immigration debate, the US needs to secure that Mexican border, because I'm sure ISiS and the rest of these dangerous groups know that the border is porous in the south. The girl that was shot was a stunner, a real life angel

Donald Trump is right

First off..

Why would ISIS a group based thousands of miles away want to "infiltrate" the US via Mexico when they could easily radicalize people from inside?

You know post a few propaganda videos promoting their hate and wait for mentally deranged souls to follow it..

Also has there ever been a story of any terrorist group taking advantage of the porous Mexican border?

Your posts sounds rather familiar to what was said in this article lol..

At a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing today on proposed amendments for the Gang of Eight's immigration reform proposal, Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) revealed people with turbans are being detained at the Southern border.

SEN. JOHN CORNYN: I just want to tell Senator Schumer, he might be interested in this. I was in, as I said, at the border on Sunday and Monday, and I know Senator Feinstein will probably find this interesting, too. We're not just seeing the border being penetrated by people from Mexico or Central America. Some of the rescue beacons -- where people are actually rescued because one county had 129 people die last year just trying to come across. That's just bodies that they found.

But the rescue beacons are in English, Spanish and Chinese. And I said, 'why Chinese?' They said, 'Well, for $30,000, you can get one of the smugglers to get you up through Central America, into Mexico and the United States.'

Another deputy sheriff in Brooks County showed me a picture of three gentlemen that they detained all wearing, happened to be wearing some form of turban. And I said, 'where are these folks from?' And they said, 'Afghanistan.'

And as we all know, the border patrol documented that people from countries of special interest, including state sponsors of terrorism, have been detained coming across the Southern border. So as everybody knows -- and I know everybody knows this -- this is a national security issue as well. It's a credibility issue, it's a national security issue. So we've got to get this right and I hope that we can work together to get it right. Right now is not sufficient.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/05/09/cornyn_people_wearing_some_form_of_turban_are_crossing_southern_border.html

Let me get this straight. A woman is killed by an illegal immigrant and you are willing to move heaven and earth the prevent it from happening again. Build a wall, mass deportations, even pass some laws. BUT, a theater full of people, a church full of worshipers, a school full of children, etc get gun down and you do nothing.

Whoever you're quoting is lying, and obviously doesn't understand American culture and politics. Cities like SF, SD, LA, NYC, etc. "move Heaven and Earth" not to follow Federal immigration laws and they deliberately provide safe haven for those breaking immigration law, making the job for Feds to find people who are illegally in the US (and foreign criminals no less released from prison) that much harder. The constant fight between local jurisdictions (city, county, state) versus Federal government is evident in cases like this, and in cases like the Confederate Flag.

The guy who confessed didn't do it.

That's according to my wife who has seen/dealt with similar people in her home country (Mexico). The guy is a patsy, paid off to confess.

No doubt with the timing of everything, it reeks of political posturing. The idiots in the south are going to latch on to this and catapult trump into 1st in the Republican nomination vote.

Scary times are afoot.

Edit: Re: Trump's assertion regarding the border, he is right though. Mexican border officials are sending the worst people over the border illegally because they are problems they don't want to have to deal with.

The problem with strengthening the border is it's going to do jack all unless you improve the deployment of border guards to also search for, expose and destroy the underground tunnels. There are thousands of them.

I tend to agree. Although it wasn't the greatest way for Trump to state it, the border situation sounds like it has been an issue for a very long time.

I tend to agree. Although it wasn't the greatest way for Trump to state it, the border situation sounds like it has been an issue for a very long time.

It has and it goes to ridiculous degrees. When Prop 187 passed I was in junior high in California. I happened to be in a school that was predominantly Mexican at the time. The retard parents throughout the state had children walk out of school in the middle of session as a protest to a state initiative to strengthen the state's ability to hand over and deport illegals.

It blows living around people with this retarded culture that they don't need to assimilate to the country they're moving to, not following immigration law never mind any other laws, and protest/riot over efforts to enforce current laws.

Hence why that state is a massive $&!# hole with 5-15 million illegals roaming around and massively bankrupt cities and counties. This article only touches the surface of how different enforcement of laws in different jurisdictions not only makes such laws that much more difficult to enforce but also sends the message to people down south that there is a reward for flouting immigration law.

Whoever you're quoting is lying, and obviously doesn't understand American culture and politics. Cities like SF, SD, LA, NYC, etc. "move Heaven and Earth" not to follow Federal immigration laws and they deliberately provide safe haven for those breaking immigration law, making the job for Feds to find people who are illegally in the US (and foreign criminals no less released from prison) that much harder. The constant fight between local jurisdictions (city, county, state) versus Federal government is evident in cases like this, and in cases like the Confederate Flag.

That quote is an opinion. Its not lying when one is expressing a weighted opinion.

You on the other hand, tried to provide subjective narratives dressed up as facts with no evidence to back you up at all. That is more like lying.

It has and it goes to ridiculous degrees. When Prop 187 passed I was in junior high in California. I happened to be in a school that was predominantly Mexican at the time. The retard parents throughout the state had children walk out of school in the middle of session as a protest to a state initiative to strengthen the state's ability to hand over and deport illegals.

It blows living around people with this retarded culture that they don't need to assimilate to the country they're moving to, not following immigration law never mind any other laws, and protest/riot over efforts to enforce current laws.

Hence why that state is a massive crap hole with 5-15 million illegals roaming around and massively bankrupt cities and counties. This article only touches the surface of how different enforcement of laws in different jurisdictions not only makes such laws that much more difficult to enforce but also sends the message to people down south that there is a reward for flouting immigration law.

If parents think that their families will be more easily deported of course they will protest. That is rational, not retarded. Most Mexicans are law-abiding citizens. Just because you are racist doesn't mean they are all criminals.

How exactly do illegals bankrupt cities? Didn't know they are entitled to public services.

Also, the people who complain that immigrants are 'taking over' are the same hypocrites who remember that the Europeans wiped out native cultures (instead of "assimilating to the land they're moving to") and are afraid that these new immigrants will do just that to them. Go tuck your balls in already.

Archived