Hamhuis:

1st, 2nd/3rd, prospect (Dman)

Vrbata:

1st, prospect

Higgins:

1st/2nd

Prust:

I would like to keep him around. But value wise he would fetch a 2nd/3rd

So from highest value to lowest im ranking them.

1. Hamhuis

2. Vrbata

3. Higgins

4. Prust

For me the players that may be/should be move at TD are:

Higgins

Vrbata

Hamhuis

Prust?

My judgement on what we should get are as follows

Hamhuis:

Vrbata:

1st, prospect

Higgins:

1st/2nd

Prust:

I'd be shocked if Hammer's value is as high as a 1st, 2nd, AND a prospect...I'd say a 1st and a 6th or 7th, or 2nd & a prospect.

Vrbata is worth a 1st, probably not a 1st and prospect tho...especially as he's a UFA at the end of the season, so he's almost a pure rental player.

Higgins is worth a 2nd, maybe a 4th/5th & a prospect if you have the right buyer.

Hammer and Verby are our highest valued players. They should fetch a late first rounder from a contender. You have a sniper and an above average D, two very valued guys on the market. I could see Verby to the Habs.

Higgins and Prust are probably worth no more than 3rd and 5th, respectively. Unless there is a contender with PK or toughness issues, I do not see them being all that valued.

Well first of all it depends on the type of season they have but all of your valuations are way to lopsided for the Canucks..Higgins for a 1st? Keep dreaming. Prust for a 2nd? Yeah right.

Pretty much this. Depends on the season

Well first of all it depends on the type of season they have but all of your valuations are way to lopsided for the Canucks..Higgins for a 1st? Keep dreaming. Prust for a 2nd? Yeah right.

Higgins would fetch a 1st if they desperately needed him for PK. 2nd is more realistic.

Prust would deffiently fetch a late 2nd. If not. Keep him

You're heavily overrating the value of our players. That or you're underrating the value of draft picks. If Lack gets a 3rd and 7th and Bieksa gets a single 2nd round pick, Higgins doesn't get a 1st. Higgins will get us a 3rd. If we got even an early 3rd for him, we'd be getting a steal.

The same kind of thing goes for a guy like Hamhuis. He is worth probably a 1st, but only that. He is getting on in years and has fallen off the pace a little bit (hopefully he bounces back).

Set your expectations lower and you won't be flabbergasted when a trade happens and label Benning as an idiot.

You're heavily overrating the value of our players. That or you're underrating the value of draft picks. If Lack gets a 3rd and 7th and Bieksa gets a single 2nd round pick, Higgins doesn't get a 1st. Higgins will get us a 3rd. If we got even an early 3rd for him, we'd be getting a steal.

The same kind of thing goes for a guy like Hamhuis. He is worth probably a 1st, but only that. He is getting on in years and has fallen off the pace a little bit (hopefully he bounces back).

Set your expectations lower and you won't be flabbergasted when a trade happens and label Benning as an idiot.

Do ppl realize TD is wgere you overpay for trades? Rentals.. bieksa and lack were traded around draft/free agency.

My trade value would be the highest. So if a team is "desperate" they may pay.

Plus i asked what u think we would get in the title. So instead of bashing my opinions. Make your own...

Edit. I have never bashed Benning. Infact im probably the biggest bennings supporter on CDC.

Love everything he has done so far. Only thing ive ever questione was how much he gave Sbisa. But i understood y he did it

Higgins would fetch a 1st if they desperately needed him for PK. 2nd is more realistic.

Prust would deffiently fetch a late 2nd. If not. Keep him

Wtf? Higgins would never come close to fetching a first and Prust will get a 3rd at the most....

Also everything in your op is overvalued. Worse than my trade proposals when I'm joking around ;)

Do ppl realize TD is wgere you overpay for trades? Rentals.. bieksa and lack were traded around draft/free agency.

My trade value would be the highest. So if a team is "desperate" they may pay.

Plus i asked what u think we would get in the title. So instead of bashing my opinions. Make your own...

Edit. I have never bashed Benning. Infact im probably the biggest bennings supporter on CDC.

Love everything he has done so far. Only thing ive ever questione was how much he gave Sbisa. But i understood y he did it

I realize that the deadline is when teams overpay so you have a point there. That said, I still feel as though you're overvaluing them.

Also, I did state my own opinions as you'll find in my post. I simply contrasted them with yours.

I should clarify that I wasn't claiming you were a Benning hater (though it sounds like I was). I've just seen many fans hate on Benning after a trade and I suspect it has to do with unrealistically high expectations.

I realize that the deadline is when teams overpay so you have a point there. That said, I still feel as though you're overvaluing them.

Also, I did state my own opinions as you'll find in my post. I simply contrasted them with yours.

I should clarify that I wasn't claiming you were a Benning hater (though it sounds like I was). I've just seen many fans hate on Benning after a trade and I suspect it has to do with unrealistically high expectations.

Agreed. I do overvalue our players. But better to overvalue than undervalue :)

And this is why some here scream at GMJB for trading some of our players; we overvalue them.

Hammer = 1st (to a contending team) and either another pick or a B prospect

Vrbata = 1st (to a contending team) and either a low draft pick, C prospect, or nothing.

Higgins = 2nd or two picks less or equal to a 3rd

Prust = 3rd/4th

For me the players that may be/should be move at TD are:

Higgins

Vrbata

Hamhuis

Prust?

My judgement on what we should get are as follows

Hamhuis:

Vrbata:

1st, prospect

Higgins:

1st/2nd

Prust:

So from highest value to lowest im ranking them.

1. Hamhuis

2. Vrbata

3. Higgins

4. Prust

Alex Edler

If Benning reminds his aggent that his prime years are going to be spent on a rebuild and might not sniff playoffs for a while, surely he will be more eager to waive than when Gillis asked him a few years ago

OP you massively overvalue our players. There no wonder why people are ridiculously upset over fair hockey trades made by Benning when people actually believe this is the value of our players.

All at trade deadline

Hamhuis. 1st and 2nd or 1st and B prospect

Vrbata 1st. Or 2nd and B prospect

Higgins. 2nd. Or 3rd and 5th

Prust. 3rd

That's all max value

Agreed, those are max values. Realistic is probably more like Hamhuis = 1st, or first and a 3rd/4th, Vrbata = 1st, Higgins = 3rd, maybe a 2nd and Prust, if he has a good year and players Dorsett level, 3rd/4th.

Archived