The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Off-Season] Offer Sheet Morgan Rielly?

If im not mistaken Morgan Rielly becomes a RFA next season hes from Vancouver and hes the puck moving offensive d man we have always wanted/needed.

I know Toronto would do everything to match the deal but I dont know if he had the decision to play for either Vancouver or Toronto maybe we would sign here.

Please give me your thoughts I dont know where im going with this its my first post.

If we signed him for like 4-5m the compensation would be a 1st and a 3rd.

I think its worth it.

No.

The Canucks should trade for his or any "future" T1D, or draft one.

Offersheeting puts bad light on said GM. Benning knows better than that.

What about doing what Calgary did with Dougie say we will offer sheet him then offer them more then the compensation? lol Toronto isnt against the cap but im pretty confident he would come here if he had the choice

What about doing what Calgary did with Dougie say we will offer sheet him then offer them more then the compensation? lol Toronto isnt against the cap but im pretty confident he would come here if he had the choice

But its not really his choice. He can sign an offer-sheet, but Toronto can (and will) match.

While interesting, so long as the picks aren't in 2016 or 2017; years in which the canucks will NOT be competitive and most likely picking top 10.

It's an idea.

But not worth it IMO.

We can take those picks and draft our own instead.

No.

The Canucks should trade for his or any "future" T1D, or draft one.

Offersheeting puts bad light on said GM. Benning knows better than that.

According to some rocket scientists on CDC, trading for a T1D will never happen unless a team gives up on them. Which begs the question, why acquire said player when he has rotted to the point of being given up on by the team that drafted him?

Without a top 10 or better pick, the chances of pulling a T1D out of the draft are slim to none.

I have resigned myself to the fact that this organization will never suck enough to get a top D prospect and they will never have the cojones to acquire one when they are available.

Archived