The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Frank Corrado

Canucks re-sign Corrado (1-year, $700K):

Vancouver, BC Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have re-signed defencemen Frank Corrado.

Corrado, 22, appeared in 10 games with the Canucks during the 2014.15 season, registering one goal (1-0-1). The Toronto, Ontario native also registered 16 points (7-9-16) and 31 penalty minutes in 35 games, ranking third in scoring among defencemen on the Utica Comets. Corrado also appeared in 18 playoff games for Utica during the 2015 Calder Cup Playoffs, collecting one goal (1-0-1) and 24 penalty minutes.

The 61, 195-pound defenceman was originally selected by Vancouver 150th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=774355

I just hope that Clendening and Corrado get more minutes than Weber. We're in a bit of a trouble with 3 of them fighting for a spot alongside Hamhuis in our top-4, and to be honest none of them should be playing 20 minutes a night with a fully healthy squad, but this is the situation we're in. I think Weber may score the most goals, but Clendening deserves the biggest opportunity.

Here's what I'd like to see for opening night:

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Clendening

Sbisa - Bartowski

Corrado

Weber (BoSang's replacement in Utica)

well doubt hammy gets traded before dealine unless someone gives us more then he is worth!,plus we have a logjam on the right side not left,so we will need a ld in return.Good signing as he is ready for the bigs!

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Corrado

Sbisa Clendening

looking good

With this logjam at defense I doubt Hamhuis makes it a quarter through the season before getting traded

None of these guys are pushing Hammer.

Expect him to be re-signed to a 2 or 3 year deal, not traded. He's exactly the type of player to keep around for depth.

That's where I'm putting my money.

I just hope that Clendening and Corrado get more minutes than Weber. We're in a bit of a trouble with 3 of them fighting for a spot alongside Hamhuis in our top-4, and to be honest none of them should be playing 20 minutes a night with a fully healthy squad, but this is the situation we're in. I think Weber may score the most goals, but Clendening deserves the biggest opportunity.

Here's what I'd like to see for opening night:

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Clendening

Sbisa - Bartowski

Corrado

Weber (BoSang's replacement in Utica)

Here is what you will see opening night...

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Webber

Sibisa-Corrado / Clendenning

Bartowski-Corrado / Clendenning

Fedun(Bo Sang replacement in Utica)

Bartowski plays on the left side so he is going to be depth unless one of Edler Hamhuis or Sbisa is injured.

Archived