The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Frank Corrado

Really hope WD gives a fair shake for Clendening and Corrado.

Would be very disappointed if our bottom pairing consists of Sbisa and Bartkowski.

I wouldn't. I'd rather them have top minutes in Utica then minimal time in the NHL.

I'm still not positive he's waiver eligible next year. I know Vig burned a year of Frankie's entry level deal when he used him in the '13 playoffs with a healthy Keith Ballard available to play but I haven't heard definitively whether he played enough to wipe out a year of waiver eligibility as well. I know that in a normal 80 game season the standard are 10 games and 40 games respectively, but that was the lockout year, so?

I liked Corrado in the playoffs a couple years' back. Recall he was very composed (reminded me of Tanev), but also threw a few decent hits. Looks like he's put on a few pounds since then (listed at 195 lbs now)....excited to see him play.

Did anyone follow him closely in Utica that could speak to his development since then?

None of these guys are pushing Hammer.

Expect him to be re-signed to a 2 or 3 year deal, not traded. He's exactly the type of player to keep around for depth.

That's where I'm putting my money.

Hammer, Tanev, Edler, Sbisa, Bartkowski, weber, Corrado, Grendening. Doubt we'd carry 8 defensemen all season and Hamhuis is the oldest and has the most value

Hammer, Tanev, Edler, Sbisa, Bartkowski, weber, Corrado, Grendening. Doubt we'd carry 8 defensemen all season and Hamhuis is the oldest and has the most value

I understand your point but I disagree entirely.

I think we easily carry 8 dmen this year, over parts with no injuries, as we audition for the future.

It's a battle between Weber, Corrado and Clendending IMO. Hammer is standing alone and he'll be left standing.

Benning was saying in an interview on the 1st that having 9 d men last season wasn't enough. The only thing the canucks are doing with Hamhuis this season is re signing him.

Both Corrado and Clendening are waiver eligible, they aren't going to clear if they are sent to Utica.

Really? Aren't they on 2 way contracts tho?

Not sure about frankie but I heard clendening is confirmed 2 way

Edit : nevermind. Just found out the rule. Lame. They shouldn't be waiver eligible.

I'm still not positive he's waiver eligible next year. I know Vig burned a year of Frankie's entry level deal when he used him in the '13 playoffs with a healthy Keith Ballard available to play but I haven't heard definitively whether he played enough to wipe out a year of waiver eligibility as well. I know that in a normal 80 game season the standard are 10 games and 40 games respectively, but that was the lockout year, so?

Collective Bargaining Agreement, Exhibit 16 (Transitional), Part 15 (page 349):

15 Waivers 11 NHL GP threshold for 18/19 year olds for 2012-13 prorated (48/82)

This relates to the following paragraph from Article 13.4 of the CBA (page 72):

"For purposes of Regular Waivers, the five (5) year exemption for an 18 year old

skater and the four (4) year exemption for a 19 year old skater shall both be reduced to three (3)

years commencing the first season that the 18 or 19 year old skater plays in eleven (11) NHL

Games or more. The next two (2) seasons, regardless of whether the skater plays any NHL

Games in either season, shall count as the second and third years toward satisfying the

exemption."

Note that 48/82 x 11~6.43. Corrado played 7 NHL games in 2012-13, 3 in the regular season and 4 in the playoffs. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122853

I hope that helps.

I understand your point but I disagree entirely.

I think we easily carry 8 dmen this year, over parts with no injuries, as we audition for the future.

It's a battle between Weber, Corrado and Clendending IMO. Hammer is standing alone and he'll be left standing.

I just don't want Corrado/Clendending to end up like (bosang?) Where they sat in the pressbox for a month instead of playing.

I'm not trying to push hammer out the door or say any of those young guns are better, just thinking that youngsters shoud get play time and Hamhuis trade would speed up this rebuild.

I just don't want Corrado/Clendending to end up like (bosang?) Where they sat in the pressbox for a month instead of playing.

I'm not trying to push hammer out the door or say any of those young guns are better, just thinking that youngsters shoud get play time and Hamhuis trade would speed up this rebuild.

Results matter.

If they aren't up to snuff, especially considerimg few are LHD, then it is a different conversation.

Who do you think will play well enough to make Hammer redundant? I don't think there is a player. Not this year.

Results matter.

If they aren't up to snuff, especially considerimg few are LHD, then it is a different conversation.

Who do you think will play well enough to make Hammer redundant? I don't think there is a player. Not this year.

Noone will play as well as Hamhuis this year or probably next, just think a first round pick, prospect and play time for a young Dman will be good in the long run but looking back I remember Hammer inviting rookies over for dinner last summer?? Seems to help them a lot.

I guess if we shipped out hammer it would ruin prospects having to earn a spot.

Archived